Ah. Ok, so I've been a longtime ATT customer and recently switched to T-mobile to take advantage of their iphone 8 BOGO offer. Great deal, but I am really starting to wonder if it was worth it. Quick timeline of events:
1) Nov 26 -- Purchase two iphones from a t-mobile store. They are out of stock so they promise to ship them to me.
2) Later that week -- iPhones are "delivered" by UPS but the item is missing. I have a concierge in my apartment building that keeps track of deliveries and the UPS info doesn't match what I am being told.
3) I call t-mobile and they let me know that they will investigate and solve the matter. They will discuss with UPS and take care of it and I am not a party to this investigation anymore. They tell me that I should get a refund to my credit card for the downpayment on the phones ($300 including tax) within FIVE TO SEVEN business days.
4) I order two new iphones since I still need to get new phones. Unfortunately, this means I am about another $300 for now for these new phones.
5) The new phones are delivered and I am using them now. Tmobile was kind enough to still give me the BOGO rebate, after 30 days of having the phone (after the refund period). (I'm ok with the waiting period, that is fair).
I keep calling T-Mobile and asking about the refund for the initial $300. It is so annoying because I have to keep explaining what is happening over and over and over again. However, there is consistency that I should get a refund within 5-7 business days. Well, its been well over five to seven business days and no refund. Based on the discussions I have had, I am not too convinced that a refund is actually coming my way.
Yes, I initiated a "Handset Research" inquiry. No, they haven't followed up. Here's the email:
T-Mobile Handset Order Research Request
Handset Order Reference: [REDACTED]
Oh no! We are sorry to hear that your equipment is missing. For your protection, the device has been blocked to prevent any unauthorized use. We've got your back and have refunded the charges associated with your device. Please be advised, future orders that are reported as not received may not be refunded. We recommend going into one of our amazing T-Mobile stores to get your hands on new equipment right away.
Handset Order Research Department
T-Mobile USA, Inc.
I don't feel safe that I am getting a refund? Should I be proactive and dispute the charge on my credit card? Should I go ahead and file a legal complaint? Its not fair that t-mobile gets to keep my money for 2-3 weeks.
Help is appreciated!