CellSpot V2...overly bright LED's?

mrdoh

I just got a CellSpot mini-tower v2, and boy are those green LED's bright!?! Is there a way to dim them down or turn them off until needed without taping something onto the surface of the CellSpot? I could get dimming sheets, but that wouldn't look great. May have to do that though if there isn't some way to soften the lighthouse look. Of course I have it up high in the room for best coverage, and it lights the room it's in at night. Bit of an eyesore, especially at night.

My router has a button that turns off all the lights on it, except the power light, that would be a start *smile*.

Thanks.

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Re: CellSpot V2...overly bright LED's?

Oh boy this is a tough one. Sorry, but I don't see a way to dim the lights or change any settings that could help out. Sometimes these devices just don't have the option. My apologies friend.

• mrdoh

Yes, that's what I'm thinking, too...I'll be taping something onto the thing to dim the LED's, then. I don't really need them, anyways, unless something goes wrong, I guess. Maybe the CellSpot V3 designers will consider this, one can hope.

Wonder if they could change the brightness of the LED's in the firmware? Maybe.

• tmo_mike_c

Ya, know, I'm not sure if that's a firmware change as much as it would be a hardware change, but you never know. It's kinda funny you mentioned putting tape over the lights. I've done this myself on some of my electronics so I'm glad I'm not alone on "makeshift" fixes.