dropped phone in water Galaxy J3

magenta3484650

Dropped phone in water, only in for a few seconds, but as I started drying it off, the screen fizzled out.  I took it apart and dried it overnight.  I can feel it turn on and off, can get calls but the screen is black.  Only paid $100 for phone, but was wondering if there was any other things I can try to get it to light up.  Placed it in a baggie with a bunch of those little dryer packs you get in shoes, items to wick out moisture.

All replies

• snn555

Re: dropped phone in water Galaxy J3

That’s about all you can do. For what you paid, repairing it isn’t really feasible. Probably going to have to buy another or use another phone.

• tmo_marissa

Hey there! I am so sorry that this happened to you -- I've been there. I know it's not really a "supported" or "manufacturer approved" resolution, but human to human I did bring back a phone once in a box of rice, by taking everything apart (battery, back cover, etc) and placing them all in rice individually and waiting a day. That said, I've had another phone completely tank after taking a dip, and had to use my insurance to file a claim to replace the device.
          If you've got insurance on your line and this is the last device on record, then you should be able to file a claim and get a replacement by paying the deductible. If not, then as snn555 mentioned, it may just be time for a new phone. I wish we had better news for you! How did things go with the silica packets?

• tmo_lauren

Just wanted to check in and see if you'd found a resolution, either with the tips above or a replacement.

Sorry again about your phone, we know how much of a bummer that is.

-Lauren