Carrier Freedom Reimbursement

mmillerreport

So it looks like I've been screwed out of my Carrier Freedom Reimbursement.

I've been having issues with AT&T and saw the "Switch to T-Mobile" deal, so I figured I'd switch. I called T-Mobile and told them I wanted to switch. The lady told me I would be reimbursed for any balance I had left on my device at AT&T, plus any Early Termination Fees. I went ahead and signed up with T-Mobile and got a new phone.

I cancelled my AT&T account and paid off all my balances... which ended up equaling about $500.

Now, the "Switch to T-Mobile" website says I'm not eligible. I called the Carrier Freedom Reimbursement and they told me I needed to port my old number to T-Mobile. This was NEVER mentioned to me before and apparently, since my AT&T account is now closed, I won't be able to port the number.

This means I lost $500 for switching to T-Mobile. Not fair. I wouldn't have switched if I had known this was going to cost me this much!

All replies

• snn555

Re: Carrier Freedom Reimbursement

You have to switch to tmobile not start new.  I would contact T-Mobile via Facebook Twitter or phone and see if there is a workaround. Though the promo does State you have to port in an eligible number to qualify.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • tmo_lauren

Re: Carrier Freedom Reimbursement

Hey there!

I just wanted to check in and see if you'd had a chance to follow the suggestions above! Porting is as mentioned a requirement, unfortunately. However contacting us is still a good bet in the event we do have any options.

-Lauren

1 of 1 people found this helpful