Coverage in Coppell, TX

brene96

I switched from Sprint because a tower was down for almost 6 months and my phone was useless at work. I chose T-Mobile because my co-workers did not have any issues with service. Now recently it seems as if I am back at Sprint!!! I can't connect to the internet, view videos or anything. Any reason why? Do I need to switch to AT&T now??

All replies

• tmo_chris

Re: Coverage in Coppell, TX

Well that is no good at all and definitely not the foot we want you to start off on with us. What kind of phone do you have and what is your ZIP code?

• tmo_marissa

Hi, brene96! We'd love to look into this a little more for you and hopefully alleviate some of your concerns here -- we don't want you regretting the switch! What type of phone are you using, and what's your ZIP (and a nearby landmark if you'd be so kind!)? We can take a closer look at the area where you're having trouble and see what's going on!

- Marissa

• brene96

When I first switched, I could pull up anything and stream music at work. Now it has become spotty. Nothing like it was with Sprint, I'm still happy with my switch. Just dont understand why it is all of a sudden starting to slow down or just not working here.

• tmo_chris

I know having spotty service is a bummer! Does it seem to work better in specific areas? Is there any area where you are having spotty service that your friends with T-Mobile (co-workers I believe) have good service?

• brene96

Not a specific area. For example, one day in the break room you are fine and can do anything. Then the next day or even later the same day, you can open an app or a web page. This goes for everyone with that uses T-Mobile.

• tmo_chris

It is possible that this could be due to congestion with the local tower at specific times of the day. I don't believe that there is any technical issue with the tower but we can definitely take a closer look at this with you. Please contact us when you have a moment so we can gather the necessary information and dig into this a bit deeper.

• brene96

We have AT&T users that have no issue streaming music or videos but those of us with T-Mobile can't check our email or even open an internet page. What can be done to resolve this? Like I said when I first switched it was great, now its like I never left Sprint

• brene96

So if it is a congestion issue, do some of us that have T-Mobile need to switch?

• brene96

So what is needed to get someone to take a look?

• tmo_chris

Please contact our tech support teams so we can pull up your exact location and investigate what is going on.

• brene96

I called and they disconnected my phone so that it will re-ping to the tower. Worked fine for about 5 minutes and it has gone back to sucking again. The tech said he was going to call me back in a few minutes, after 30 minutes I called and come to find out he tried to call but it failed. What options do I have now? Didn't get any help and still have not gotten a call back from the tech, don't know if he is trying or it just isn't going thru now. I'm paying for this?!?!?

• vinnynguyen

Tmobile signal and internet speed is a joke.  Slow like a turtle, worse than Sprint.

After so many called and complain from myself as among other coworkers, nothing is being taken care off.

Zip code 75019 and everywhere else.

• magenta4382557

I also live in the same area. I agree. It is a jock. It is a painful practical joke on customers from t mobile.  I got a signal booster and connected to my wireless. Now it is better at home. I don't know how to manage when I drive or at office or at school.

Raj

• brene96

Feels like I'm getting the run around on here and when I'm on the phone with someone. Why should I continue to pay for a service that I'm not receiving?

• brene96

I was actually called back by someone and was helpful but the issue is still on going. Maybe I'm just frustrated but it seemed like the first couple of times I called I was asked to do the same thing again and again with no results. I was told a ticket was put in but when my phone says 4G and LTE with at least 3 bars you expect to be able to open apps or an internet page. I'm paying more than I was with Sprint but have the same coverage, this has been a huge let down.

• drnewcomb2

Looking at Cellmapper.net, while there are towers all around the area, looking at the area around the intersection of Bethel & Freeport Pkwy, LTE signals are pretty weak.

You say your problem is at work. What type of building do you work in? (e.g. large windowless metal building or greenhouse)

• brene96

In a warehouse but that doesn't explain when I first switched, I had no issues, now the signal is bad. I was told a ticket was opened. I guess I should just switch to AT&T, they never seem to have any issues with a signal in this building.