Moto Z Force2 Group Messaging not working?

taycia

I've seen from other users that this is not central to just me.

Group msging not working has become more of a pain than i would have ever thought it would be! It's unreal how often I use this feature. And for it to not work....Ugh! I have even tried other apps and it is an issue on all msging apps I have tried.

Does anyone:

A) know how to fix this

or

B) know a msging app that this does not happen to?

Note: When I ask for a msging app, I do not mean FB or Insta or anything like that.

All replies

• tmo_lauren

Re: Moto Z Force2 Group Messaging not working?

Hey there!

Welcome to Support, sorry to see you are having an issue with your device! Can you give me some more details of exactly what happens when you try to use the group messaging feature? Once I know a little more I can start digging into options for you!

-Lauren

• tmo_mike_c

Hi!

Just want to check in to see if this has been resolved. If you still need some help, please give us any additional info like error messages or what happens exactly when you're trying to use group messaging. Thank you.

• taycia

Hey there,

So sorry for the delay in responding. It has been a very busy weekend at

work.

No, the issue has not been resolved.

Basically, I am able to SEND group msgs. Meaning I can select multiple

recipients and send them all the same text in a group msg. The issue

happens when those ppl start replying. The replies come back as individual

msgs, not in the group msg. SOMETIMES it will come through in the group msg

AND individual ones.

Let me know if you need any other information.

Thank you!

• tmo_lauren

Hmm.

Do you know if the other participants are seeing the messages on their phone in the group? Does there seem to be any pattern between whether or not this happens with iPhone vs Android users, or does it seem to happen indiscriminately?

And no reason to apologize for the delay! Hope you had a good weekend.

-Lauren

• taycia

As far as I know, my friends are all getting the messages on the group

message. I have Android so I do not know if it is happening with iPhones.

• tmo_lauren

Hmm.

I don't have the best of news, it appears you aren't alone in this issue, I was able to see it marked as a known issue and on a number of different forums regarding the Moto Z. Suggestions seem to be use a different messaging app, but it does appear to be something with the device firmware. It does seem Motorola is aware and may be releasing a patch, however that's not official and there isn't a timeline. I wish I had better news to give.

-Lauren