T-Mobile Has No Loyalty

affishul

T-Mobile Has No Loyalty

After 15 years I'm done with this company! I upgraded to the Note 8 to take advantage of the Buy 1 Get 1 deal so I could give the free phone to my GF so switched her line to my account like T-Mobile Representatives told us we could do but after receiving bills that were alot more expensive than we were told. I called in to see why only to find out they voided the Free phone because she transferred her line to my account ONLY because they said we could do it. We don't work for T-Mobile we are only the customers so you would think the reps would know what they were talking about with them supposedly being "The Professionals" and should know what they were talking about. I have been on the phone back and forth with reps trying to get it resolved and yet again these Unprofessional reps gave me more bad info. After being told by 2 reps that I could return the phones and I would be emailed shipping labels I spoke to someone in the Loyalty Dept. for them to basically tell me I was given bad information and there was nothing they were gonna do about it like it was my fault maybe you should train your reps better. So thank you T-Mobile for all the headaches in trying to order these phones then jerking me on the 2nd phone and dealing with your spotty coverage for 15 years you won't EVER have to worry about me again!!! New Customers Don't waste your time dealing with liars and TERRIBLE coverage!!!

All replies

• tmo_amanda

Re: T-Mobile Has No Loyalty

Hey, affishul!

Welcome to our Support Community. I truly wish we were meeting on better terms but I completely understand why you're upset. You've been with us for over a decade and it's important that we get this sorted out. After all, you're missing out on a ton of money having to pay for the additional Note 8! When you added your girlfriend to your line, was she already a T-Mobile customer or was her line with a different company? Also, have you worked with T-Force yet? They're our social media customer service team and are great at looking into situations such as yours.

• affishul

She already had her own account with her line and our daughters lines she was only transferring her line because they said we could do it now we are leaving and taking both accounts.

• snn555

You have to add a new line not combine accounts to qualify for bogo.

• affishul

I added the line and had the number but it was canceled because they told me we could switch her number to my account to keep the same number again I'm the customer not the professional so I was going on what they told me

• affishul

Figures, I get bad information from multiple reps and nobody is gonna do anything about it. T-Mobile is full of LIARS and people that haven't been properly trained but thank you for opening my eyes and showing true colors. All those years when I should have left because of the terrible service even after they lied about when they were getting 4G. My first 4G phone I had for 3 years before they ever even got 4G in this area they have been lying for years and will continue to do so! US Cellular or Verizon here we come at least I know I won't have problems with coverage in rural areas where this garbage service doesn't work!

• tmo_amanda

Thank you for getting back to me, affishul! I'm sorry that I'm just now responding as I was out of the office yesterday. It does sound like the wrong information was provided and for that I apologize. I understand that an apology doesn't fix the rebate situation nor the coverage.

As snn555 mentioned, a new line added is a requirement for the promo. From the sounds of it, you had an additional line added but then canceled it after being told you can just complete a change of responsibility on your girlfriend's line instead. I can see why you're frustrated because you likely would've made the extra line work in order to get the free phone. Did you work with someone over the phone or in-store for the Note 8 purchases?

With regard to coverage, is there a specific area that you're having issues with? If so, please let me know the zip code(s) and I'll start looking into this for you.

• affishul

I've dealt with both over the phone and in the store. It took me about 2-3 weeks to even be able to order the second phone the system kept giving errors when I was using my card so they told me they were having issues with the payment system. Then I went into the store thats when they added the line and gave me a Sim she said she had to add the line first, so then I tried ordering the phone they couldn't take cash because they didn't have the phones in the store yet. Once again the card didn't work 2 different cards kept saying invalid info again they said it was the system and at that point phone still wasn't ordered. I called in for the next week or 2 trying to order this phone and get this deal and finally the payment went through and I was able to order the phone. I had talked to numerous reps that told me I would be able to transfer her number to my account and use the new note. To me I added the line not one time did anyone ever say I needed to keep the number that was originally added in order to get the promotion. Whats the point of recording the conversations if they're not going to go back and listen to the bad information that I was given by a so called professional. I just don't understand why they would do this to a customer that has been there for 15 years I was with T-Mobile when it was still Suncom in this area. When a customer has been that loyal they should do everything they can to investigate it and fix it.

• tmo_amanda

Eeesh, affishul! You had to jump through a couple of hoops from what it sounds like. I can see where some confusion may have taken place because if all of the transactions (having your girlfriend's line take over the newly added line) were completed at the same time vs weeks a part there's a chance that the associate canceling the newly added line (to qualify for the promo) may not have known that the line was designated for the promotion. Again, we can take away a learning opportunity from this situation when it comes to promotions but we need to find an agreeable resolution. I'm going to send you a private message shortly. You can check your inbox here.

• raqofapples

HA