Refund Screw Up

niclaughter

I pre-ordered the iPhone X and didn't love it, so I began a return within 2 days. After a few days, I chatted in to make sure everything was progressing and was told to chat back after the phone was received. I did so and was promised my full refund within 14 days (the rep, Lynyrd, said he confirmed the phone was received). That turned out to be a flat-out lie, as no refund was processed. Then when I chatted in to ask what happened, the first rep was corrected and I was promised a refund within 30 days of sending it back (this rep, Alyssa, also confirmed the phone was received and refund was processing). Apparently that was a complete lie too. Today marks the 30th day since I sent it back and, surprise surprise, still no refund. So I chat in and am informed that there were actually TWO returns processed, and the return I was emailed to use wasn't the right one. This rep said the phone was never scanned in, so they need to launch an investigation to locate it, which can take 4 business days, and that's assuming they can actually locate my device. I followed their instructions to the letter, and they're the ones that lost my return, kept lying about it, and put me off. The rep I spoke to tonight even said that if I weren't so persistent about it nothing would have happened and they'd have kept the refund!

Has this type of thing happened to anyone else here? Do I have any legal options if they don't figure out my refund?

All replies

• niclaughter

Re: Refund Screw Up

Actually the first rep I spoke to was named Nicole, not Lynyrd.

• tmo_mike_c

Gosh niclaughter  I'm sorry this happened and it's definitely not the norm for returns. Do you happen to remember the address you sent the package to or have a tracking number for the return? You certainly shouldn't have to be persistent to get the ball rolling on your refund. Have you spoken with anyone recently to see if they can give you any updates on the status for your return?

• tmo_amanda

Hey there, niclaughter!

I just wanted to swing by to see how things are going with your refund and locating the returned iPhone. I know it hasn't been an easy situation to say the least but we want to make sure this gets handled for you.

• tmo_mike_c

Hi there.

Just checking in again to see if this was resolved Please give us a reply back and give us an update on how things are going. Thank you.

• tmo_marissa

Hi there, niclaughter! We haven't heard back from you in a bit -- hopefully that's because this issue was worked out. We're going to mark this post assumed resolved, but if there are more details you can share, please come back and let us know how things are going! Crossing our fingers that your refund's been processed. Thank you.

- Marissa

• niclaughter

The tracking number shows the package was received by T-Mobile on 11/8. As I stated, several reps confirmed that it was received and a refund was processed. Got reached out to by someone on the Executive Response team who said she processed the return and it was to be processed by Monday! Here we are two days later and still no refund! This is seriously insane. How are you people so incompetent?