T-Mobile not honoring data line promotion?

magenta3412396

Good morning, I am incredibly disappointed in your product and the service I received today. I have been a loyal customer for four years, probably bought 12 phones over that time and one useless tablet, currently have bill over $300 a month for the two phones still paying on, as well as the six mobile lines I pay for. Back when I bought my uselss LG tablet from you and tried to turn it back in because it could not meet my needs and was unable to use the apps I needed to be able to use for my class, I was told I missed the cutoff by like ten days. Oh well, lesson learned, buyer beware right. So I say can you at least cancel the $10 a month I am spending on a data line I am not using, and the person at the time said "I'm not going to cancel it because you got such a good deal on this data line, instead we will leave it dormant and if you get a tablet that meets your needs then we can re-activate it. So I agreed. I found a tablet that meets my needs, call up to activate that line, and no one at T-Mobile will honor it among the 4-5 people and two hours I wasted on the phone which I did not have slated for something that should have taken 5 minutes. Anyone have this happen to them before? What was the point of them telling me they were going to keep the line active? I cannot wait to cancel my service, might go shop those buyout deals I always see at this time of year.

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Hearing stories like this is so disappointing magenta3412396 . We really appreciate your loyalty and if there's a chance we can get you that promo, we want to do so. Do you remember exactly what the promo terms were and when it started? Any other specifics about the promo you can give would be helpful so I can research this for you. We want to do everything we can so you'll stick around so please let us know. Thanks.

• magenta3412396

Mike I wish I could remember, but it was so long ago I forgot. It was like 10G Data line for $10. If you look at my account you would be able to see when I called to cancel it and the person left it dormant by having it continue to charge me $10 a month, but giving me a $10 a month credit so it would stay active. I call now and there are two data lines, which probably means we are still paying for a service we have not been using. I would probably need someone to access my account and look at the whole thing to see what has been going on with my account. It sucks because I was actually quite happy with the service and even recommended it to people at my work. Anyway, I appreciate the response, I'm too ticked off to waste another two hours of my life with no resolution, but I do appreciate the quick response Mike.

• tmo_mike_c

Ah, I see. I couldn't find that exact promo so I think we'd have a better shot and shining some light on what happened if we took a look at your account. One way for us to take a peek at when this changed happened is to reach out to our T-Force team via the social support links on our Contact Us page. They could take a look at the notes and could give more insight about what happened with the promo.

• magenta3412396

Thanks Mike. I tried again, but no one feels like honoring what was originally discussed with me, and that’s OK. Lesson learned. I am sure there are many other phone companies that will be happy to take the 3000-4000 I spend yearly on supplying phones for my immediate and extended family. Last time I called back I was able to get the main information I needed, which is how much more to I owe before I am free and clear. That allows me to make the appropriate decision when I look at the other carriers and their promises to break me out of my contract. It is mind boggling to me that your company is willing to throw away a customer who spends quite a bit of money with them over honoring a commitment for a $10 a month data line. I can afford the higher rate, that is not the issue. My bill is already over $300 a month. It’s that we would barely use the line, and I feel it is inappropriate to ask me to spend twice as much money for one-fourth or half of what was promised me. It’s unfortunate that information must be unavailable in my file, or if it is in there no one cares anyway. It is probably for the best, since T-Mobile doesn’t actually even provide coverage for the area including my house, all of my calls at home are wi-fi calls, if there was an emergency it’s probably in the best interests of my family that I find a provider with better coverage. Anyway, thanks for your response, I hope you have a wonderful Christmas season.

Sent from my iPhone

• tmo_mike_c

Oh man I'm super bummed to hear that.   We should be able to honor as long as the criteria was met. I understand that you've called already, but did you reach out to our social support team through Facebook or Twitter? If so, what did they say exactly about this promo? Sorry to keep pressing this, but I'd just like to get a clearer picture of what's going on and help get to the bottom of this so hopefully you won't have to switch.