Unlock Iphone

tzvik15

I bought an my Iphone new from BestBuy (iphone 8). The moment I put my SIM card in from my previous phone (a T Mobile SIM), the phone locked to T Mobile. I am traveling outside the US soon, and need the phone unlocked, however the T Mobile support team claims that since I didn't buy the phone directly from T Mobile, they are unable to unlock it. I have been in contact with senior tech support at Apple who assure me that the ONLY entity able to unlock the phone is T Mobile - as they are the party the phone is locked to. The phone appears and is registered fine on my T Mobile account, and I do not wish to terminate my service with T Mobile. However, IT IS THE T MOBILE SIM THAT LOCKED THE PHONE IN THE FIRST PLACE. I have spent about 3 hours on the phone with various tech supporters and managers and they all pass the buck - T Mobile to Apple, Apple back to T Mobile. Please HELP!

All replies

• gramps28

Re: Unlock Iphone

This is an Apple issue. If you would of put an AT&T Sim in the phone it would of locked to them.

The only way to get it unlocked through T-Mobile is to contact T-Force through facebook and have them escalate

this with Apple if you meet the unlock requirements.

Unlock your mobile wireless device

• tzvik15

Thanks for the reply. I would be happy to try and work this wit T-Force.

How do I connect with them? For the record, I have been in communication

with a manager at the Apple tech support who said that they are not able to

do it, that only T Mobile can do it. That being said, I am happy to try T

Force

***links removed by MC***

• gramps28

Since the phone wasn't purchased through T-Mobile it's not in their data base

so you need to get Apple to work with T-Mobile on getting the imei in their data base.

T-Mobile - Home | Facebook

• gramps28

Contact T-force through Facebook and link this thread.

• tmo_chris

Hey there! Did you get a chance to work with our T-Force team? If you have a Facebook or Twitter account, you can use the links in my signature.

• tzvik15

I did, and they were indeed able to resolve the issue. Thanks for

connecting me with them. I have to say though, it is absolutely ludicrous

that no one on the support phone can do it, no matter how many supervisor's

supervisors I talked to, nor even admit that it is POSSIBLE to do, but that

the facebook people can... It really was a horribly customer service

experience.

• davidjhon

Hi

I have the same problem. I used a mobile sim in the USA for a few days My device is free of factory bought in Peru, in peru a few days ago I updated it, and it no longer accepts the simcard. In Apple they tell me that it is blocked by Tmobile. talk to tmobile and tell me it is not in your database and it would be impossible to unlock the device. Apple insists that T-Mobile is the only one that can do it, T-mobile says it is not in its database and that They need the account. I did not think that using a sim from tmobile would bring me so many problems. How do I contact T-force to help me with my iphone? They ask me for the number I use or account, I do not have the account much less remember the number of the sim that I used, it was only for a few days.

Please Help.

David

• tmo_chris

This is a super weird one davidjhon. I cannot guarantee that we will be able to unlock this device for you but we can at least take a closer look and see what the options are. To reach T-Force, you can use the Facebook or Twitter links in my signature so private message them. They will be able pull up and securely verify your account.