6 months and still being overcharged

rob744

At the end of May I added 2 lines (already had 2) during the add 2 lines for the price of one promotion. Now I was supposed to be paying $140/mo.  (before autopay discount) which is the price for the 2 lines I had + 2 for the price of 1. I was told this was done, but right from the first bill I was charged $160/mo (before autopay discount) instead. Since then I have spoken to customer service many times. I'be been told many times that I should be getting this promotion but my account needs to be fixed. I've been told multiple times that this is being escalated to business support. I've been given a few manual $20 credits for the overcharges, but I received no credits in October and November or for my next bill due this month. Customer service has not wanted to give me any more credits because they say business support will do that but I have not heard from them and they have not issued the credits as I was told. I have called about this so many times and everyone has always been very polite, but the problem never gets fixed. I don't get all the callbacks I've been promised and I haven't gotten the credits I was promised I would receive until the problem is fixed. Does anyone have any idea how I can get to someone that can actually fix this problem? I just bought my wife a new iPhone a few weeks ago and passed up on the T-Mobile financing so I could get an unlocked phone from Apple in case I do have to switch carriers because I just can't live with having to pay more than I agreed to. I'd be a happy T-Mobile customer if I could just get passed this problem. Thanks for any help.

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Re: 6 months and still being overcharged

Hey, rob744. Thanks for taking the time to post about your experience here -- six weeks is too long to get an account qualified for a promotion; and six months is definitely way too long. From the description in your post, it sounds like the appropriate escalation measures are being taken -- that's definitely the correct offline team who should be contacted in a situation where a promotion isn't correctly applied for some reason -- but the lack of follow-through is a big concern.

When we need to follow up with a customer, we should be setting an appointment with a date and time window to check back in so that we can be sure we're able to get in touch with you. Failing to complete this kind of commitment is a big deal, and I can see how that would impact your level of trust in us. The offline team your account info's been escalated to would have followed up with the representative or management team who forwarded your account details; but also would likely have left notes in the account explaining the situation! 

It sounds like your recent experiences reaching out to us haven't been the best; but we want to make sure this is being resolved. I appreciate that you're seeking another route to resolution by posting here in our Support Community. While we can't take a look at the account from this public user forum; our online T-Force team may be the perfect folks to turn this around for you. We would hate to lose your business -- or to have anyone think that we believe six months without the right bill is OK! If you're active on social media, you can reach out to T-Force via DM on Twitter (@tmobilehelp) or Message on Facebook (just visit the T-Mobile FB page from the link in my badge below and once you're there send a message to connect). In those channels we can securely verify your account and take a look at these notes to see what the hang-up's been for getting your promotion in order!

Thanks again for reaching out -- we definitely want every customer to be a happy customer if we can help it! I hope you'll give us another chance to take a crack at this.

- Marissa

• tmo_marissa

Hi there, rob744. I just wanted to check in here and make sure you'd had a chance to read over the previous reply. Have you had an opportunity to contact our T-Force team so that we can take a look at this? I hope things are going well!

- Marissa

• tmo_marissa

Hey, rob744. Sorry if we're troubling you, but I wanted to reach out once more and see how things are going for you. If you haven't already, we'd love for you to contact T-Force so that we can see how we can help! Thank you.

- Marissa