How to pay EIP using another card?

michaelnelson287

Ok so I just ordered an iPhone and I got through all the signing and agreements and paid with my own debit card ( the primary account holder has a card linked to the account for bill pay ) my sister ordered a new phone as well except the monthly payments for the phone charge directly to her debit card and not through the main card. How is that setup? I don't want the primary account holder getting charged of a device that's not theirs, I do pay my phone's off early but despite that they will still get charged at the end of the billing cycle and I'd rather it charge me. So how do I have it charge my debit?

All replies

• snn555

Re: How to pay EIP using another card?

I believe the entire bill is charged to the card on file. Plans and EIPs are not separated. It is possible you might have the EIP charge amount sent to the account holder before the due date so that they break even when the auto payment is drafted. I use my banking app to send money to the primary person for my parts of shared bills. It's just less messy than trying to juggle between multiple cards and the timing needed. Plus I like to avoid confusing these billing systems.

I suppose it is possible to have 2 cards on file and pay a specific amount manually on 1 card then let the remainder draft. But again...simplicity avoids snafus.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • tmo_chris

Re: How to pay EIP using another card?

Hey there! EIP is billed to the account each month until the phones are paid off. If you want to fully pay off one of the EIPs on the account with a different card, you will want to log into the tmobile.com account under the primary account holders number and click on the "Installment Plans” under payment settings on the right side of the screen. From there, you can select “Make a payment” under the phone you want to pay off. On the next screen, you will have the option to make a payment using whatever card you want.