How do you turn off voicemail to text?

magenta3404027

I keep on getting Voicemail in text and it’s annoying. I can’t seem to find where to turn this off.

All replies

• snn555

Re: How do you turn off voicemail to text?

If you are referring to receiving a text message with a transcription of your voicemail you should check your settings in my T-Mobile and turn off any voicemail to text feature you have enabled. If you are referring to the transcription that happens with in the Voice Mail application that is not able to be turned off.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • jfinns

These instructions are unclear, I can't find the settings you're referring to on this website. How do I turn off Voicemail to Text this feature is incredibly annoying. Our phones already send a notification when there is a new visual voicemail I don't need double notifications also with a text.

• tmo_mike_c

Hey magenta3404027  and thanks for posting. Just checking in to see if you've got the help you needed. Please give us a reply back and let us know. Thank you.

• tmo_marissa

Howdy, magenta3404027! Just wanted to check in here and see if you were able to find what you were looking for. Can you let us know a little more about what you're trying to turn off -- are you receiving your voicemails as individual text messages, or is it the visual readout of your messages in the visual voicemail app that you're referencing? Hope you're doing well -- let us know a little more if you still need assistance! Thanks!

- Marissa

• magenta3404027

Ya still getting a text of each voicemail I get.

they are like this

This person called, but left an empty message.

Listen to voice message: 155555555

• magenta3404027

I get them in as sms messages I’ve gone in to my account on T-Mobile and can’t find anything to turn it off

• magenta3404027

I don't have that option.

IMG_1167.PNG

• tmo_chris

Hey there! Out of curiosity, are you on a T-Mobile One plan with the One Plus featured added to the account?

• magenta3961103

1. Go to the Tmobile.com website and login to your account using your phone or computer.

2. Click on phone icon tab at the top of the page.

3. Scroll to Check Voicemail option and select it.

4. You will have 3 options. Inbox. Settings. Voicemail help. Choose Settings.

5. It will say voicemail to text. Next to it an unsubscribe button. Click unsubscribe and you should be good to go!

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                        • magenta4084313

I switched to T Mobile from Verizon yesterday with my iPhone 7 Plus.  Everything went smoothly until I got a text instead of a voicemail.  It contained a transcript of the message and a phone number to call.  I called it and heard my message.  This was a one-time use SMS thing or other.  I tried to set up voicemail and didn't realize there were particular steps to follow (never needed that before).  After pressing 1, I was asked for a 4 digit number and it did not explain that i was supposed to use the last 4 digits of my phone number.  I was never able to get back to the Voice Mail set up screen again and kept getting text msgs with one time phone numbers to call to hear the message.  I contacted T Mobile support and a very nice guy (Adrian from Texas) tried many things before eventually said I would have to go back to factory settings (after an iCloud backup).  I was nervous because I'd never done a complete resent before.

Anyway, I was then able to do the voicemail setup correctly and now everything is working fine and everything - apps, contacts, docs, whatever all came back to my phone.  In the end I was pleased with the service I received but I feel I should have been told that voice mail had to be set up in a very particular way.

I think in the end now I may have the best of both worlds - actual voice messages and a text copy of the message.  I had never thought about having that before and I actually like it, but I also want to be able to hear my messages (grandchildren's voices, etc)

• thebigjb

Thanks to magenta3961103 for the instructions. I spruced them up to help others who might get stuck.

1. Go to the Tmobile.com website and login to your account using your phone or computer.

2. Click on phone icon tab at the top of the page.

vm_to_text01.png

3. Scroll to Check Voicemail or look for it on the right-hand side and select it.

vm_to_text02.png

4. You will have 3 options. Inbox. Settings. Voicemail help. Choose Settings.

vm_to_text03.png

5. It will say voicemail to text. Next to it an unsubscribe button. Click unsubscribe and you should be good to go!

vm_to_text04.png

• ags2018

This didn’t work for me. Clicking the “Unsubscribe” button on the voicemail page just opens a new tab with the manage my T-Mobile plan screen loaded. Since I have ONE Plus, the option to remove Voicemail to Text isn’t available. If I go back to the check voicemail page, I am still showing as subscribed to Voicemail to Text.

It‘s really very annoying that there’s no way to turn this ”feature“ off. It really doesn’t work well with iPhones.

• lastoperator

tmo_chris I am having the same exact problem. I followed @tmo_marissa outline and just like ags2018 the unsubscribe button opens up a new tab to my "Manage my Data and Add-On" page (which doesn't have a voicemail to text option to deselect).

I've attempted to escalate this issue via telephone tech support but they state that the One Plus and One Plus International plans have voicemail to text embedded into the plan and therefore cannot be removed.

As a new T-Mobile One Plus International customer coming from Verizon that has a iPhone X 256gb this is completely unacceptable. As we all know iOS has native visual voicemail embedded into the Phone app.

Every single voicemail I receive I have one notification that comes into the native iOS phone app and then minutes later I get this archaic T-Mobile Voicemail to Text SMS in my Messages app.

Wake up T-Mobile. I'm 30 days into your service and the issues I've been frankly shouldn't be issues in 2018.

Give us the ability to remove/unsubscribe to Voicemail to Text service if we're One Plus or One Plus International users.

• lastoperator

This is how I resolved he issue, had to get a T-Mobile Technician on the phone and explain this to him.

this is a message from a T-Mobile rep “Good luck finding someone that understands this, but there is a special feature called a CAMEL feature that will say like "Postpaid+VVM+VM2TEXT" that needs to be changed to just Postpaid+VVM and there's also an option for voicemail that they can access (it's right by where they change the voicemail language) that can turn it off too. They're both settings buried kind of deep in one of our tools.

• katiedawg

YES, YES, YES!  This is how it's done.  I called T-Mo and told the support rep about this.  She asked for the URL for this thread, took a look and said - "wow, OK, I didn't know that" - and drilled right down to it.  Changed it in no time flat.

Call 'em - you'll be happy!

lastoperator

This is how I resolved he issue, had to get a T-Mobile Technician on the phone and explain this to him.

this is a message from a T-Mobile rep “Good luck finding someone that understands this, but there is a special feature called a CAMEL feature that will say like "Postpaid+VVM+VM2TEXT" that needs to be changed to just Postpaid+VVM and there's also an option for voicemail that they can access (it's right by where they change the voicemail language) that can turn it off too. They're both settings buried kind of deep in one of our tools.