Alcatel Go Flip feature phone: I've had this phone for only 2 days, and this phone is malfunctioning.

magenta3037466

I have a Samsung SGH-T139 flip phone. I wanted a better phone, but I did not want a smartphone.

I went to a T-Mobile store and bought an Alcatel Go Flip feature phone. I had a store employee transfer my T-Mobile Legacy Pay As You Go Plan from the SIM card in the SGH-T139 to the SIM card in the Alcatel phone.

On day 1 of my owning the Alcatel phone, the first time I called the Alcatel phone from my land phone, the Alcatel phone started ringing with that famous T-Mobile ring tone. When I terminated the call by pressing the "off" button on the land phone, the Alcatel phone kept ringing and ringing anyway. That was strange. The only way to stop the ringing was to turn the Alcatel phone off. When I turned the Alcatel phone back on again, the phone was not ringing.

I called the Alcatel phone from my land phone a few more times, and the Alcatel phone worked properly. So, I attributed the non-stop ringing from the initial call to a fluke.

On day 2, I went to a public library and successfully used that library's Wi-Fi to access the Internet on the Alcatel phone. So, the Alcatel phone seemed to be working just fine.

However, later on day 2, as I was adding contacts to the Alcatel phone, the Alcatel phone's screen went black. The phone seemed dead. I could not turn it on.

I decided to take the lid off the Alcatel phone, take out the battery, and put the battery back in. Taking the lid off the phone was VERY difficult. But once I took the lid off, I took the battery out and put the battery back in. Then I was able to turn the Alcatel phone back on.

So, is the Alcatel phone supposed to be this bad? Do Alcatel phones go to black often? Should I get a refund? Should I switch back to the Samsung SGH-T139?

Thanks for any info.

All replies