BUY one and GET one free

rk2200

11/07/17 called to check the process to add a line and port a number from AT&T.. The Rep. was helpful and explained. He called me 3 times to follow up but i told him that it will take some time to release that number as it was from corporate account so i will let him know once number is released. Still he added a line and sent me the SIM.

11/17/17 to my surprise i got the SIM so I called to check the procedure to port the number. He said that previous Rep did not activate the SIM so he will set it up correctly and once number is ported then go to the T Mobile store and activate the SIM. i asked about buy one and 2nd free offer when transferring a line offer. he said you qualify so i told once number is ported i will call for this promotion. Same day, Friday evening number was ported and activated in the T Mobile store. i called the T Mobile for the promotion and Rep told me that you do not qualify.

11/20/17 based on my previous experience, (you get different answer from different Reps for same question) i called 8.40 pm to check about the promotion again. Rep Joanne form MO said that you qualify for the promotion and she processed it. we got 2 phones. she said that she will process the rebate on 11/22/17.

11/29/17 i called to check on rebate today and Rep said that you do not qualify for this promotion so you need to return these phones.

So my question is that how to resolve this situation? Technically, number was ported on 11/17/17 and i activated the number the same day. This promotion was active on  11/17/17. i will take my service started on 11/17/17 not the day i called first time so i should be eligible for this offer. Any solution??????

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Re: BUY one and GET one free

Whoa, that's definitely strange! I'm sorry to read that you're receiving conflicting answers -- it sounds like you were trying to participate in the Apple Magenta Friday BOGO offer, is that right?

The only issue I can think of here is that it sounds like a line was added before the promotional window. I'm not sure if there's a way to make an exception for this based on the activation date, but I can appreciate that it does sound like there was some confusion during your initial conversation and didn't know that the line was being added to the account. That doesn't sound good, and I think this would be worth consulting with another team who can take a look to see if there's anything we can do.

Although we're not able to look into customer accounts from this public forum, if reaching out online is comfortable for you, our T-Force team on Twitter and FB do have a way to securely verify your account. We need to look into the notations and see if there's anything we can do to make this work for you. I know you've put effort into getting to the bottom of this already -- thank you. If you have it in you to give it another shot, then I'd highly recommend contacting us through one of those social media channels to see if we can get you a firm answer once and for all.

We do thank you very much for taking the time to reach out here and let us know how this played out -- it's not the kind of experience we want for any of our customers, and we appreciate the feedback. It sounds like at the very least we could be doing a better job of making the promo terms clear cut and easy for our representatives to pass along to customers -- I'm sorry again for the conflicting information you've received. If you do decide to contact our T-Force team, please let us know how it goes.

- Marissa

• rk2200

Re: BUY one and GET one free

Posted on Facebook