RESTORATION FEES

cwytal

Since none of the T-mobile Customer Service Reps can't give me an answer, I will post it here. I want to know why T-mobile charges $20 per line for restoration fees. When you have 6 lines, $20 per line fees are not conducive when you are on a budget. To me that is extortion. I know it is in the terms & conditions & is the standard fee, but I want to know how T-mobile came up with that ridiculous fee. I can understand a $20 overall fee but $20 per line? That's a rip off to the customers. Also no one will tell me how to file a complaint with T-mobile.

All replies

• snn555

Re: RESTORATION FEES

Just like upgrade fees and activation of SIM cards. It’s an admin or rep fee to pay for reconnection and personnel that handle the process.

• cwytal

That doesn't answer my questions as to why the fee is so high. It is a rip off to make the fees per line when a damn computer turns the service off & on instantly without anyone pushing a button. I can understand an overall fee of $20 for the entire account, but $20 per line? When you have 6 lines it's is extortion! I want to know how you came up with those terms, not some standard prescripted bull crap. I want details & reasons. Prove to me why the fees are like that. T-mobile made a $20 million gross profit last year. If you wouldn't pay your upper management 3 million or more per year then you wouldn't have to rip off your customers. I want proof as to why this fee is per line instead of per account.

• snn555

I am a customer not an employee and this is a customer forum. I am unable to explain exactly why the fees are what they are only that they exist and for the reason that they exist. It’s no different than asking the question why anything cost how much it costs because we don’t know exactly what money is spent to make certain items or pay for certain processes.

• tmo_lauren

Hey there!

Thanks for the feedback! We do offer payment arrangements to avoid suspension in the event you need additional time to pay a bill, additionally you are only charged the fee when coming out of full suspension, you will have a "soft" suspend in most cases prior to a full.

There are plenty of payment arrangement options to help avoid a suspend, if you have any questions about options please don't hesitate to ask.

-Lauren

• cwytal

I know ya'll have payment arrangements. What I want is to know how T-Mobile came up with the $20 per line fee. I want details right down to the penny. None of the CSR can give me an answer so you need to send me to someone who can.