Switch2T-Mobile BAit and SwitCH...

magenta3343216

About two weeks ago I was approved for service with T-Mobile. I was switching from another carrier and wanted to port in my numbers and use the same devices I was already using. I spoke with a representative that told me all about the Switch-2-Tmobile offer and how I could use my phone, have the same numbers all while T-Mobile would send me a card to pay of my ETF fees and Equipment fees in order to unlock the phone for use at T-Mobile. I was feeling so uneasy about the whole deal because I did not want to pay a ridiculous amount for new I-phones. She assured me that I was able to use the same phones, told me the process for reimbursement and said that after I received my final bill from my previous carrier to go to the site upload it and I would get the card in a few weeks. Mind you, I signed up to get these temporary Revvl phones (which suck) as the rep suggested just until my phone was switched over. So Today I go to the site as I was told to do, go through the couple of questions and BAM it says you do not have any eligible devices for this freedom phone promotion. NOT WHAT I WAS TOLD initially. I called Customer Care and the representative told me that I was denied. How am I denied for something that I never was able to submit. Then he changed it to the representative misinformed you. Ummm, Is that how we do business? The good ol' bait and switch. I have no idea what to do. He says trade the phone in. He was of no help. Especially since 86% of the 30 min call was spent on him repeating what I said. That still does not help the fact that I will still come out of pocket for something that was suppose to be paid to begin with. Now I am stuck with two phones I don't want and an I-phone that I have to pay off myself and can't use. I should have stayed with my previous company!

All replies

• snn555

Re: Switch2T-Mobile BAit and SwitCH...

Your previous carrier will not unlock your device until it is paid for. You cannot wait until your ETF reimbursement arrives to pay your previous carrier. As most carriers fine print states you must pay any remaining balance on the services and equipment at time of canceling. What should have been done was paying off the phones befor attempting to switch that way they would be unlocked for other carrier use. At which point you would submit your ETF paperwork to T-Mobile then receive your reimbursement and then you would be square.

• magenta3343216

It wasn't explained to me that way which is why I am confused. Thank you for responding.

• tmo_marissa

Hey, magenta3343216! I'm sorry to read about this -- definitely not the welcome we want to give any new customer.

Which program were you trying to participate in -- Carrier Freedom, or #GetOutoftheRed? Which carrier are you switching from, an how long ago did you start the payment plan on your previous phone? Did you port in your numbers and purchase the REVVLs on EIP?

It stinks that we didn't give you the proper information about the unlock process, but we'd still love to make sure that you're able to participate in one of these switching programs if possible! I know this hasn't been a good time so far, but I hope we can be of some help here!

- Marissa

• magenta3343216

I was under the impression that I was participating in Carrier Freedom.  I ported in my number and was told the new Revvl would be temporary until I received that prepaid card that would pay my Iphone off from Sprint. I was also told that I could pay off the ETF's with sprint. I only did the REVVLs because the rep told me It would take a couple of weeks before I received my final bill which I would then submit to TMobile. I have had the previous Iphones for a year.

• tmo_chris

Thank you for clarifying! I think with this specific situation, we are going to need to take a closer look at your account from the beginning and see what options are available. If you have a Facebook or Twitter account, you can use the links in my signature to message our T-Force team. They will be able to access your account and take a look at what happened here.