outraged customer

proudairforcewife7

Is anyone else having a terrible time with t-mobile and its billing? I have been a loyal T-Mobile Customer since 2014 and starting July 2017, I've been going through it with them. It started when I visited T-Mobile after my husband returned home and we decided to change our phone numbers. A month later I find out that instead of changing my phone number, I was being charged for an extra line. I called T-Mobile to have this fixed and I was told that it was taken care of. Since then, I have been calling T-mobile EVERY month about the same charge and today my bill climbed to an extra $100. I am outraged at not only this, but the fact that my husband's military discount still has not been added to our billing. When I called today, I was notified that a note was put onto my account  August 2017 stating that the extra line should have been deleted, it is now the December Billing Cycle and I am still dealing with these extra charges. I was told today, as I am told every other month, that the charge has been taken care of. Although the Customer Service Representatives are usually very nice, I am completely disappointed in T-mobile as a whole and it is becoming a hassle to deal with.

All replies

• rbryinc

Re: outraged customer

OK, call and ask to speak to customer loyalty.  While it is sad to say calling customer service is always rolling the dice until you get someone who actually knows what they are talking about.  I have been with Tmobile for around 15 years and trust me, until you find the person who actually knows you will go thru this over and over.  They all think they know but they do not.  IT is best to deal with customer loyalty.  Usually they will get things done for you.  Might be tuff getting to them because they all want you to tell them your issue and then tell you they can help but they do not. I had a similar issue with a phone that was suppose to be free.  I called for 6 months of getting charged every month until one day I actually got a guy who looked at the account and resolved the issue in 2 minutes.  6 months for a two minute resolution.

• donmid

My experience has been TMO has a great product and provides a good service until you buy a phone online, change your service, or pay off an EIP. I have purchased phones and had the orders disappear (after receiving written confirmation), purchased a Note 8 and had the insurance added to an old phone instead of my Note 8, and currently am still being charged for a paid off EIP.  If you keep calling 611 you will eventually get an answer you want to hear but nothing will happen. I always express TMO Customer Service as the ultimate frustration but outraged customer is a good description. You might note that when you make a service change your billing format also changes to where you have to map out exactly what they did or didn't do.

• tmo_marissa

Hey there, proudairforcewife7. First, let me say thank you for your husband's and family's service. We absolutely want to make sure that discount is getting applied. Did you have a military discount previously, and it stopped, or has it ever been discounting your bills? I know not every plan is eligible to be discounted, so first, can I ask what type of family plan you have? That way we're not encouraging you to spend time putting in the application without reason, especially since it sounds like we've already required a heck of a lot of effort from you just getting your bill corrected.

It sounds like this extra line really needs to be removed, and that the change is long overdue, especially if we dropped the ball and added a new line rather than simply changing your number. We don't want you to have to reach out every month to get this resolved -- when you spoke with us yesterday, did we pass you over to the team to process immediate cancellation of the line in question? Is the account in your name, or your husband's name? The only reason I can think of for putting off cancelling a line that you're not using would be ic we needed to speak to the person listed as the billing party on the account, otherwise I hope we got this taken care of for you!

Lastly, despite how frustrating this situation has been, thank you for the kind words about our Care team -- I'm glad to hear that you've had a good experience speaking with us. That said, we want to make sure you don't have to!

- Marissa

• tmo_amanda

Hey there, proudairforcewife7!

I know it has been a few days since you posted and I'm not sure if you've had the opportunity to read over Marissa's reply but I'd love to see if you have an update for us. If you're still having issues with the extra line and discount, please get back to us with answers to the questions Marissa asked.

• tmo_mike_c

Hi there.

Just wanted to check in here to see if you've reviewed the post above. We really wanna make sure you get help so please let us know how things are going. Thank you.

• proudairforcewife7

Hi, i was told that the extra line has been cancelled( as i am told every month) and the plan that i have is 2 lines for $100. The bill is in my me not my husbands.

Sent from my iPhone

• tmo_marissa

Thanks for following up, proudairforcewife7! As long as your husband is listed as an authorized user on the account, and your plan is eligible for additional discounts, then you should still be able to get a military discount. As far as cancelling a line, if you're the billing responsible party, then we should have been able to set that up for you when you initially asked -- I'm sorry that we dropped the ball.

To make sure your rate plan is eligible for discount and to confirm that the line is removed, we'd love to have you work with our T-Force team. Though we can't access customer accounts through this public user forum, through Facebook or Twitter T-Force can securely verify your account and take a look to see what's going on. I know you've gotten different answers previously and we don't want there to be any mystery about what your bills should look like and what your account setup should be. I'm sorry that this has been such a frustrating experience, but I'm confident that we can get this right!

- Marissa

• proudairforcewife7

Yes my husband is an authorized user and how do i go about verifying my account

Sent from my iPhone

• tmo_marissa

When you reach out to T-Force on Facebook (hit the message button on T-Mobile's FB page) or Twitter (send a DM to @tmobilehelp) we'll provide you with a link where you can input your information to confirm your identity, so that we can access the account details. That way we can take a look at the rate plan and make sure that it's eligible for a military/government discount, and also confirm that the line you no longer need is off of the account! If your rate plan is eligible for discount, then we can provide you with a link to either verify using a .mil email address or upload pay documentation to confirm your spouse's military status. We'll be able to double check the billing cycles for accounts on that discount plan as well -- all customers receiving any given discount are on the same billing cycle close date and have the same due date, so depending on whether you've had the discount previously, there might be a prorated bill and due date shift in order to get your account on the discount cycle once it's approved.

- Marissa

• nelfar212

tmo_marissa, is the military discount separate from the Advantage discount or is it one an the same? 

• tmo_marissa

Good question, nelfar212! They are applied for using the same website, but they follow different rules in our accounts and billing systems. A Military/Government discount is still applicable on some plans where corporate discounts may not be (but there are also some plans that offer a significant discount already and exclude both); and there are other considerations made for users with military accounts (some special suspension types and unlock permission exceptions in order to assist with deployments), so these account types would be differentiated internally for those reasons.

- Marissa