Receiving texts sporadically

magenta3336227

I have a Galaxy S6 that, as of about two weeks ago, is sporadically receiving texts. I've not been able to identify any pattern such as wifi only or only texts from iphones. This seems random. I've tried some of the normal tricks such as clearing cache and restarting. I went to the T-Mobile store and the salesman tried a few things. I then called support and they did some sort of a reset on their end as recommended by the store salesman but still no success. I'm at wits end.

All replies

• tmo_amanda

Re: Receiving texts sporadically

Hey, magenta3336227!

Thanks for joining our Support Community to see if we can get to the bottom of why your phone isn't receiving all texts. It sounds like our tech team may have reset your network connection which sometimes does that trick. You mentioned this started a few weeks ago - did you update your software or change any settings around that time frame? It sounds like the users sending you texts are letting you know about the missed conversations. If you're able to collect these examples (time, date, phone number) we can work with our engineers to figure out why you're not receiving them.

• magenta3336227

Thank you for the reply. I did not make any updates or changes prior to this issue beginning. I did have an operating system update since but that seems to have had no effect on the sporadic receipt of emails.

I’ve been notified by these numbers but I’m sure there’s more.

*tmo_amanda removed personal information from this post*

• tmo_amanda

Thanks so much for getting back to me, Ray! I removed the three phone numbers you listed because this is a public forum and anyone would have access to those three phone numbers. Since you have those three phone numbers, the only other pieces of info that we would need are the time and date that they sent the texts. Once you have that information, you'll want to get in touch with Tech Support or T-Force (our social media customer care team) to get a service request filed to have the Engineers look into the issue. You can contact Tech Support by dialing 611 or T-Force by clicking the Facebook/Twitter icon in my signature below.

• magenta3336227

And they did reset the network connection but with no improvement.

Ray Tuntland

• angidurand

After about 3 days of not getting messages, I finally broke down and did a factory reset with no avail. However, in a last ditch effort I tried connecting to a different network than I was currently on (switched from T-mobile LTE to AT&T to T-mobile 2G just to give it some variety ). Texts started streaming through almost immediately. As search mode is on automatic, it's since switched back to LTE and seems to continue to be working for me. Just another option to try if anyone is still looking for a solution. Fingers remain crossed that this fix holds up for me.

1 of 1 people found this helpful