Why does T-Mobile hate it's most loyal customers?

thecashmancan

I just don't understand the logic behind forcing people to add a line, and now keep it active, in order to participate in BOGO offers.  If we already have service with you, why would we want/need another line???  These BOGO offers are from the manufacturer.... hence why EVERY OTHER CARRIER IS DOING THE SAME PROMOTION, even the manufacturer is offering the deal on their own site.   And because everyone else is doing it, every other carrier is practically begging us to come in and get their free phones.  Most are even willing to pay off any fees or phones we already have

That puts T-moblie customers in the position of having to choose brand loyalty over saving hundreds on the hottest deals of the year at Christmas time.

Guess who's going to win that fight T-Mobile?

We are about to cancel our 4 lines and switch... so now not only is Tmobile missing out on the phone sale, but they are losing 4 lines in attempt to get 1.  It's just a flawed business model and it seriously needs addressing.

Start treating the customers you have as good as the customers you're trying to win over and you'd be the best carrier out there, instead of just one of the options we'll switch to when the next carrier decides to push aside it's current customers for the next person in line.

All replies

• tmo_amanda

Hey, thecashmancan!

Welcome to our Support Community! I wish we were meeting on better terms. After 15 years, I do want to see you leave. I looked over all of our current promotions and you're right -- the majority require adding a line which isn't always a necessity (much like your case). I will definitely pass along this feedback because I can see the impact that it's having on your family. Your voice matters especially when you've been with us for so long.

• tidbits

thecashmancan wrote:

I just don't understand the logic behind forcing people to add a line, and now keep it active, in order to participate in BOGO offers. If we already have service with you, why would we want/need another line??? These BOGO offers are from the manufacturer.... hence why EVERY OTHER CARRIER IS DOING THE SAME PROMOTION, even the manufacturer is offering the deal on their own site. And because everyone else is doing it, every other carrier is practically begging us to come in and get their free phones. Most are even willing to pay off any fees or phones we already have

That puts T-moblie customers in the position of having to choose brand loyalty over saving hundreds on the hottest deals of the year at Christmas time.

Guess who's going to win that fight T-Mobile?

We are about to cancel our 4 lines and switch... so now not only is Tmobile missing out on the phone sale, but they are losing 4 lines in attempt to get 1. It's just a flawed business model and it seriously needs addressing.

Start treating the customers you have as good as the customers you're trying to win over and you'd be the best carrier out there, instead of just one of the options we'll switch to when the next carrier decides to push aside it's current customers for the next person in line.

All carrier bogos require a new line and a payment plan...

OEMs have their own and it requires you to buy it outright and I believe wait a few weeks(Samsung had one I waited 8 weeks and had to pay $1400 upfront).

• thecashmancan

You're missing the point.  Why should I remain a loyal customer when I can take my 4 current line to another carrier and be offered this amazing deal?  Why are they willing to give two phones to one new line but not give two phones to keep four? I could totally understand them not wanting to give me 6 phones when I only had one line, but that's not the case. It's so arbitrary of a rule that had I shut of my kids phone last week on the 15th and then reactivated it today I'd be eligible.  But no because I've always paid on time and keep my account honest I'll pay through the nose.

Like I said, there's absolutely no incentive here to continue to give T-Mobile my business.  That is a problem

• tidbits

I am not missing the point.  You want something and they are not giving it to you because you believe loyalty is a thing in business.

People should NEVER remain loyal.  If you think you are getting a better deal and the math shows it switch,  This make competition and forces carriers to compete.  loyalty is an anti-competitive tool.

Always make sure you know what you are getting into.  Sometimes the deal looks good at face value, but doesn't look so good when the promotion ends.

• gramps28

It's like when I left my one job where I was hourly and for another job where I was salaried because my base salary

was $6 more an hour on a 40 hour week. After the first year all of a sudden I started to have to work 50-60 hours a week

then the last month I was working 60-70 hours a week.

The pay looked good on paper for the first year but the second year I was working more and making less an hour than my last job.

tidbits wrote:

I am not missing the point. You want something and they are not giving it to you because you believe loyalty is a thing in business.

People should NEVER remain loyal. If you think you are getting a better deal and the math shows it switch, This make competition and forces carriers to compete. loyalty is an anti-competitive tool.

Always make sure you know what you are getting into. Sometimes the deal looks good at face value, but doesn't look so good when the promotion ends.

• nelfar212

Your example is one that is non-legit, you're stomping your feet, because you want T-mobile to make an exception for you. Also it's too much work for you to utilize the deal to your advantage,  you actually have two potential easy solution's,

Add the two lines for the bogo, drop two of your existing lines, problem solved,

if that's not an option, add the lines and dropped them once you receive the rebate card, problem solved. .

If you feel the other carriers can give you more bang for your buck go for it.     

• thecashmancan

nelfar212  If only it were that simple.  In the fine print it says specifically that if you drop any line during the 2 years it'll take to pay off the phone, you must pay for both phones in full immediately.  And you are right, I'm stomping my feet, I'm stomping them because  it's a BS policy to go out of your way to exclude your own customer base from all promotions.

I've already switched, they're out my $200/month account, they're out any future upgrades or new lines until one day however long from now they offer another BOGO offer and actually let me participate.   Again I ask, does that sound like a smart business plan?  

In the end I'll get my free phones from T-Mobile in a couple years... they're just missing out on the $4800 I'd be paying them in the meantime.

• tidbits

thecashmancan wrote:

nelfar212 If only it were that simple. In the fine print it says specifically that if you drop any line during the 2 years it'll take to pay off the phone, you must pay for both phones in full immediately. And you are right, I'm stomping my feet, I'm stomping them because it's a BS policy to go out of your way to exclude your own customer base from all promotions.

I've already switched, they're out my $200/month account, they're out any future upgrades or new lines until one day however long from now they offer another BOGO offer and actually let me participate. Again I ask, does that sound like a smart business plan?

In the end I'll get my free phones from T-Mobile in a couple years... they're just missing out on the $4800 I'd be paying them in the meantime.

Then you'll say the same thing at that carrier and then you'll switch to another then another...   Best of luck at your new carrier, or carriers over the course of a few decades to ensure you get the "best deals"

• nelfar212

Enlighten us, what plan are you on with the carrier? Also, you are misinformed if you have a multi line account you can drop any of you pre-existing lines not to exceed you minimum plan amount, for example I have to maintain 4 voice lines, leaving me 4 to do with as I please. for example the last add a line promo, I dropped two lines, re-added two . So now I'm paying two for the price of one. 7th is a wearable.

So the BOGO came out.  I added a line. bringing my voice line total to 5. Now if I so chose I can drop one of my 4 original lines or as others have done, pay off the device(after rebate) and drop the line. The 24 months stipulation is really applicable for the newer customers who cancel service before the term is up , but hey, if you're happy with your new carrier then that's all that matters. .

• tidbits

nelfar212 wrote:

Enlighten us, what plan are you on with the carrier? Also, you are misinformed if you have a multi line account you can drop any of you pre-existing lines not to exceed you minimum plan amount, for example I have to maintain 4 voice lines, leaving me 4 to do with as I please. for example the last add a line promo, I dropped two lines, re-added two . So now I'm paying two for the price of one. 7th is a wearable.

So the BOGO came out. I added a line. bringing my voice line total to 5. Now if I so chose I can drop one of my 4 original lines or as others have done, pay off the device(after rebate) and drop the line. The 24 months stipulation is really applicable for the newer customers who cancel service before the term is up , but hey, if you're happy with your new carrier then that's all that matters. .

Some add a line promotions won't let you drop a line from a certain point depending on how expensive the promotion is.  Sometimes its 3 months and sometimes it's 1 year. 

• nelfar212

I get what your saying, However, there is nothing preventing cancelation of my older pre-existing lines for example my primary line is over 10 y/o the secondary is about 9 y/o my 3rd and 4th are about 8 y/o.... I can drop any of those lines as long  as long as I have voice lines to replace them  being that I have to maintain 4 voice lines, and the line attached to the bogo isn't disconnected.