StateSide International calling

nvskishore

This feature is charged per line and not account level for convenience for all the family. But Digits allows you to bypass this per line constraint and all the people who can use one digits line or regular line with stateside  enabled can call using digits app. Why don’t Tmobile allow single charge for all the lines instead of allowing inconvinient work arounds. Similar services are available ( ex. Rebtel ) are available for as low as 10 dollars and allow up to 5 lines. But if enabled with Tmobile plan provides ease of calling directly instead of using app. That’s the only thing forcing me too keep the service, but would love and will be encouraging to many users if per line service restriction is removed. Why trying to push customers to pay more and same time allow to abuse the service by having a backdoor open.

All replies

• cesaribenitez95

Re: StateSide International calling

I wouldn't call it a backdoor.. digis works as a remote access and it's not attached to a device. Statewide is an add-on to line, and you can use digits to "control" set line.

• nvskishore

My argument is when we can add-on such service for one line and use from multiple devices. Why not allow for all the service for all family lines when purchased for one long line. Like I have 3 lines usEd by myself, wife and brother. I have to pay $45 if I have enable for three lines, where as I can enable on single digits line for $15 and use on our three phones from digits app. why not it can be straight forward instead of work around.

• barcodeable

nvskishore I am guessing you are a new T-Mobile subscriber. It's awesome that you have the Stateside International especially at $15 per month, thats a great deal because the other carriers charge so much for international calling and the others do not provide a flat rate for these calls. There are some exceptions with some countries where you have to pay per minute, but its still great. I mention all the time that features and benefits regularly change due to T-Mobile's marketing schemes. You always have to keep your eye on these changes and be aware that T-Mobile may not widely promote these changes and/or additions so its up to us customers to read and search on our own what promotion is available, what promotion is ending, and what promotion will be introduced in the future.

BACK TO THE TOPIC: T-Mobile have a '$10 Family Stateside International Calling Plan' but its nolonger available... it was discontinued about 2 or maybe 3 years ago . I had International calling several years ago where you had to pay i think it was a monthly fee of $5 dollars and then you were charged 2 cents or so per minute for your international calls (which was great).  Then T-mobile introduced A new plan: $10 Stateside International calling and $5 Stateside International texting. I took advantage of both only on my wife's phone. Months went by and a T-Mobile rep called me up out of the blue telling me I can get Stateside International calling on my phone for $10 dollars. I replied "no thank you" at first, but she persisted informing me that I would save because Instead of me paying $15 dollars for the international plan on my wife's phone, I can get Stateside International calling for all the phone lines on my account for only $10 a month ---- I said "Oh yes". And with the addition of me adding the 2 free phone lines during last years Black/Magenta Friday promo & the This Line on us deal in March 2016 I have now 5 voice lines with Stateside International Calling for only $10 bucks per account and not per line. Getting that International Family plan was a nobrainer. I don't even use the Stateside International Calling on the other phones but its great to know its there whenever I do need to use it.

IMG_3633.PNG

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • nvskishore

wow! I am fairly new customer (march 17') Thats nice to see there was indeed a plan 'fam stateside intl' - though promo.

it should be like that even its not higher than $10 (non-promo) atleast tmobile should

have limited number lines that can use the service like 5 or so matching number lines

digits number can be used, that makes more sense than totally removing family option and

forcing customers to subscribe per line charge when usage will be same as a family.

• barcodeable

Im sure T-Mobile will bring that Family Stateside International Promo back... but i doubt it would be available for $10 dollars. Im guessing it may reamerge at $25 to $45 per account. That would be good for some... because $15 per line is very costly for International calling. Whenever Verizon or AT&T tweek and boast about their International Calling Plan, T-Mobile will react with their redesigned International Plan.