No Bixby Voice on S8 Active

andyatl

Just got S8 Active and noticed there is no Bixby Voice (only Bixby Home and Bixby vision), but Bixby Voice (1.0.13.0) is installed and up to date. Is it possible to use Bixby  Voice on S8 Active?

All replies

• cesaribenitez95

Re: No Bixby Voice on S8 Active

according to samsung website you can. All you need to do is press the bixby button on the side. If that doesnt work you can go the samsung kios inside bestbuy and have then reset the os and see if that gets it up and running or you may need to have the devicevexchange

• twoheadedbear

Just got off the phone with Samsung's Advanced Technical Support, they were no help. After about 5 different transfers and two hours on the phone, they basically gave me the scripted "we're gonna send out a software update eventually" card. I told them that it doesn't make sense for the regular Galaxy S8, running older software, has Bixby Voice working, and that this newer S8 Active with newer, more refined software, does not. We will be at the mercy of T-Mobile, because they might very well decide NOT to push the update even if Samsung does release it to them. It's a shame to see such a great phone plagued with software issues by a careless Samsung.

• andyatl

I talked with Samsung representative at BestBuy, and he was not able to fix it. He suggested to wait when T-Mobile roll-out an update for this. Hope T-Mobile will do it soon.