Google Pixel 2 Questions.

johns386

Hello T-Mobile community. I’m currently trying to find an answer to something that I hope I can get the answer for. My brother, his friend and I are thinking of joining t-mobile via the family plan. We’re basically on board with doing this but I wanted to know of obtaining the google pixel 2 and getting put on a payment plan.

I know that there’s this thing t-mobile does where they can move my payment plan from another phone company, or google I guess, and put it on my t-mobile family plan, but I wanted to know if I can buy a verizon Google pixel 2 phone from Best Buy and then bring it to t-mobile and make the switch.

Does anyone know if this is possible? If not, does anyone have any other solutions to this problem of mine?

*edited font size for readability - Marissa

All replies

• tidbits

Re: Google Pixel 2 Questions.

print is small.

You can use the Verizon pixel 2 on T-mobile and everything will work fine.  You just won't be able to unlock the bootloader.  T-mobile will not finance phones not sold by them.  They do not "carry over" payment plans, but they may reimburse you what you spent if you meet certain criteria.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • johns386

Okay I guess I understand that, but with Verizon I can do a payment plan on the phone. So if I'm planning on using a Verizon phone but switching to T-mobile, will I still be paying back Verizon for the phone?

• tidbits

You will have to pay Verizon for the phone, and take part on one of the promotions which you may have to wait up to 8 weeks to get reimbursed.  You would need to start a plan or add a line while porting the number from Verizon.  Double check to make sure the promotions are still going on and certain promotions do not stack with each other.

• smplyunprdctble

if you order through the Google Play store, you can do installments as well.

• tmo_chris

Hey there! Just wanted to check in here to see if you got the answers you needed from our awesome Community Pillars?

• tmo_mike_c

Howdy there!

Just checking in to see if you got the help you needed. Please give us a reply back and let us know. Thanks!

• tmo_marissa

Hi again, johns386! I know you received some good feedback from our Pillars here, and wanted to make sure you didn't have any additional questions. If you're thinking about bringing Pixels to T-Mobile and would like to be reimbursed for a payment plan you initiate with VZ, you might want to take a look at the requirements for Carrier Freedom™. One specific worth calling out is that we don't transfer payment plans, as tidbits mentioned, and we're not able to reimburse for a plan initiated through Google or BestBuy, but we may be able to reimburse for a plan that you start with another Carrier if you meet the rest of the qualifications. You'll want to make sure you hang on to your Pixel 2 on its original plan for a while before switching, as the plan needs to be active for at least 60 days in order to be eligible for reimbursement. There are definitely some other good notes to read over there -- please let me know if you still have any other questions!

- Marissa