Not getting mobile data in Samsung galaxy J7 Prime from september

magenta3270772

My wife bought a Samsung galaxy J7 prime from Amazon and she is been using it from 2016 December without any issues. From last September, she is not getting data on her phone. She was getting 4G data and it was showing LTE on her phone before. From September, it shows E and she is not even getting data when she is out of wifi. We went couple of times to T mobile shop and it was told, since the phone was not from Tmobile, this issue happens. I was surprised with that reply, Does it mean whoever uses Tmobile, should buy from only tmobile?. I asked the same question, the representative told 'YES'.

I do not think this is a problem with phone, because we noticed the phone was perfectly fine (having 4G data) when we went out of town (100 miles away from our place). Does anyone have this issue, or know how to resolve this? customer care or shop representative could not resolve this, or they don't know, or they don't want to. This is frustrating when Tmobile is not able to help, we are thinking to switch network to some other.

All replies

• snn555

This used non tmobile j7....which carrier was it originally on?  What is the specific model number?

• tmo_marissa

Hey there! We'd hate to see you guys go; and I am sorry if we replied to your question about bringing your own devices in a way that made you feel as though you're obligated to purchase phones from us.

The truth is, we welcome customers to bring their own equipment, which is why we have a Bring your own device setup guide and list our Generic T-Mobile data settings! But we do need to be straightforward about our ability to troubleshoot issues beyond network concerns when it comes to phones/software that weren't tested for our network. We have a Non-T-Mobile phone & software disclaimer for that reason.

It sounds like maybe something happened to the network in your area and now your wife's device isn't picking up service any longer? We've been doing some spectrum shifts in order to prepare our network to deploy more low-band LTE in certain areas; so I'm wondering if her phone was previously connecting to U1900 that's not there any longer. It sounds like you're not having these same issues; what sort of device are you using? Where are you guys located?

-Marissa

• magenta3270772

Hi Marissa,

thanks for reaching out with kind words. I beleive it was connected to access point US LTE.

See the model and description of the phone

Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime (32GB) G610F/DS - 5.5" Dual SIM Unlocked Phone with Finger Print Sensor (White Gold)

Product Description

5.5-inch Full HD 1080 x 1920 pixels (~401 ppi pixel density) IPS LCD Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, Finger Print Scanner, All Metal Body 32 GB ROM, 3 GB RAM, microSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot) , Exynos 7870 Octa-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A53 13 MP Main Camera f/1.9, 28mm, 8MP Front Camera 3G HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100, 4G LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 38(2600), 40(2300) International model phone, will work with Most GSM SIM cards in U.S. and world Including AT&T, T-Mobile, MetroPCS, Etc. Does not have US warranty. Will NOT work with CDMA Carriers Such as Verizon, Sprint, Boost. 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 (SIM 1 & SIM 2), This phone will not work with CDMA Networks like Verizon, Sprint, Etc.