Just installed SyncUp Drive - It worked, now doesn't

magenta3246467

This morning I installed SyncUp Drive, the hardware to my 2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid and the app on my Samsung Galaxy S7. Everything seemed to go fine, and I quickly got the text message in the car saying it was OK. I then drove to a gas station and filled up with gas. The app correctly showed the location, my near-empty gas tank, and "Parked". But after I started up again and drove home, the app still showed exactly the same thing. Any ideas?

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Hi there!

Just checking in to see if your SyncUp is still showing the same thing or has it updated after taking another drive? Please let us know. Thanks!

• magenta3246467

Once again, two days ago, it tracked me to Santa Rosa, but then didn't track as I drove from there to Sonoma. I'm going to just remore the gadget from my car and forget about ti.

• tmo_marissa

Fair enough, magenta3246467 - Lauren is totally correct here, we don't want to have you spending money on a service that's just causing you grief! If you've got a moment to Contact Us to report this to our tech team, we'd still love to know that the feedback is going to the right folks so that we can set a clear expectation for users with the same vehicle going forward. It's also a good idea to make sure there's nothing on the back end that needs to be canceled! Thanks for sharing your experience here; I'm sorry that it wasn't the best.

- Marissa

• magenta3246467

I went to "Contact Us" but was presented with this huge list of choices which I'm not going to take time to try to figure out. If you want to notify your tech team you can do it. I'm out of here.

• tmo_marissa

We can forward general feedback, but I'm sorry to say that without account access we're not able to complete a cancellation if there's a separate line for your SyncUp that needs to be addressed if you no longer wish to use the service. I didn't mean to overwhelm you with options by providing the link! You can reach our Care team or Tech team by dialing 611 from a T-Mobile device. Since this is a public user forum, we're not able to take a look here and confirm that anything on the account side is taken care of.

I did double check for SyncUp issues and it looks like there was an issue with SyncUp servers from 11/14-11/21 that was causing latency in customer notifications, and vehicles showing in offline status or missing trip data, but that problem should have been resolved after your next drive following the 21st. In this case, it doesn't seem like that happened -- and that's a huge bummer. We can forward general feedback for sure, but the tool that we use to file escalation tickets isn't something that we have access to. If you don't have time for that, I totally understand! Thanks for staying so engaged here and checking back in with us.

- Marissa