Do not understand billing cycle system.

magenta3241292

Hi folks,

I spent some time with Support on Chat trying to get my billing due date set to a particular date, specifically the date I opened the account.

I opened the account on Oct. 29th.  The due date is Nov. 19th.  Why?

I found out that the proper phrase for changing the date is called "changing the billing cycle".  That's nice, but the Support person cannot help me or I just simply do not understand how it works.

When I was with MetroPCS, I opened the account on the 28th of the month and I paid the bill on the 28th of the month:  no problem!

Can someone explain this payment system, please?

All replies

• tidbits

Re: Do not understand billing cycle system.

magenta3241292 wrote:

Hi folks,

I spent some time with Support on Chat trying to get my billing due date set to a particular date, specifically the date I opened the account.

I opened the account on Oct. 29th. The due date is Nov. 19th. Why?

I found out that the proper phrase for changing the date is called "changing the billing cycle". That's nice, but the Support person cannot help me or I just simply do not understand how it works.

When I was with MetroPCS, I opened the account on the 28th of the month and I paid the bill on the 28th of the month: no problem!

Can someone explain this payment system, please?

Metro is Prepaid.  You pay in advance for services or products.

My cycle starts on the 14th, and ends on the 13th.  My bill is due on the 6th.  The reason why it's due later than the end of the cycle is because they have to gather what you spent beyond your monthly for example device payments, or bill to account.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • tmo_mike_c

Re: Do not understand billing cycle system.

Hi there!

Our fellow community member has a good explanation of the difference between billing when you're postpaid vs prepaid. Please let us know if you have any further questions. Thanks for posting.