Multiple devices??

jcmarcelle27

Hello!

My my girlfriend and I recently switched from Verizon to T-Mobile and so far everything is great. I basically have the same plan I did with Verizon but at a cheaper cost and for the most part coverage for me is not that different. However, we needed a Cellspot signal booster in our house and we live in an area that is not serviced with high speed internet other than an LTE signal. So T-Mobile sent us the Cellspot signal booster and it only gets 1 bar of lte but that 1bar boost the signal on our phones to about 3 bars in the living room and full bars in the bedroom so that’s great.

My problem though is my girlfriends phone seems to have problems using her hotspot and loading videos. We have an Alcatel LINKZONE mobile hotspot that I use strictly to play online games with. We use our phone hotspots when we want to watch Netflix. my Girlfriend says when I’m not home everything works perfectly on her end, but when I am home and I’m online playing my games she experiences major problems and it’s almost impossible for her phone to do anything. basically my question is: is the Cellspot weaker when more devixes are connected to it? Or is it specifcally her phone that is having problems? When I am home their are 3 devixes on the Cellspot and that’s when she has isssues. When I am not home it’s just her and she has no problems at all.

Thank you for your time!

All replies

• cesaribenitez95

Re: Multiple devices??

Let me see if I got this right you have your cell spot that is NOT connected to a 3rd party ISP.... I have no idea why that would work but moving on: Since the cell spot does not have a strong enough signal to support all your devices at once. Gaming devices need at least 3Megs (and you still get lag), and since you basically have less that. So you either need to get an actual signal booster (not a cell spot) or get a 3rd party broadband ISP.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • tmo_amanda

Welcome to our Support Community, jcmarcelle27

cesaribenitez95 I think you're on to something.

Do you have a wired connection to the router when gaming or is it wireless? Do you have the 4G LTE Cellspot router? I want to make sure everyone's on the same page with the proper router.

• drnewcomb2

It sort of depends on the quality of signal your booster is getting. If it's only picking up one bar at the "window unit", I can see how it would slow down with multiple connections. What's your zip code?

• jcmarcelle27

My zip is 70438. Yea I can’t seem to get a stronger connection other than the 1 bar for the window unit.

• drnewcomb2

Franklinton seems to have one T-Mobile tower, located about where LA-10 and 16 split. It does not seem to have 700 MHz service. Your window unit should be in a window facing the tower. Unfortunately, I don't have any other suggestions except to try to get the window unit higher up. Is there a metal screen over the window? If so, you might try removing the screen.

• tmo_mike_c

Hi there.

Were you able to get more than 1 bar on your window unit? I'd also like to know if you're gaming through a wireless connection or with a hard line. I'm curious if  your girlfriend's phone has any difference when you're connected to a hard line vs. a wireless connection.

• jcmarcelle27

I found a spot on my window where the signal changes to 2 bars for about 20 seconds and drops down to 1. I can’t get a steady 2 bar connection but this set up has drastically changed things and so far we are having no problems now. To answer your question tho yes I use a wireless connection for my games.

• tmo_mike_c

Okay thanks for the reply. That's good news if you're not having issues. If your girlfriend was still having trouble while you were gaming, I wanted to know of the same thing happened if you were connected to a hard line. If you have that option.