Huawei phones on T-Mobile?

jw^2

I've been interested in using Huawei's devices on the T-Mobile network but don't know about compatibility, any challenges, etc.  Love to hear what others have done if they were able to get Huawei's devices on the network and what kind of performance they are seeing.

All replies

• drnewcomb2

Re: Huawei phones on T-Mobile?

Several Huawei phones are supposed to be compatible with T-Mobile's network but I don't think any support WiFi Calling.

Devices compatible with Extended Range LTE - Spectrum Gateway

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • dragon1562

It all depends on a phone by phone basis even coming from the same company. If you have a specific phone in mind we can look at the specs and let you know how it will fair. The only Huawei phone I have personally used was the nexus 6p for T-mobile and overall it was a excellent experience. In fact I actually miss the device just thinking about it haha. Hope the info helped out.

• mistermodern

Yes, almost all Huawei (unlocked) phones will be compatible with T-Mobile. Since Huawei uses GSM technology, all Huawei phones are GSM compatible. That means if you are in the U.S. and have T-Mobile, Metro, AT&T, or any other GSM service provider, a Huawei phone will work without issue. Be mindful that if you do buy an international version of a phone that many of the "bloatware" apps and some menus may be in Chinese, less than 1% but you will encounter them once and a while. I have an international unlocked version of the Huawei Mate 9 (Model MHA-AL00) that I am currently using in on the T-Mobile 4G network and I have had zero issues with the phone. Is some small cases since the phone is recognized as a Chinese variation, there are some U.S. only apps that I am not able to download. Watch a YouTube video on how to download the Google Play Store and all the Google Apps to replace the Chinese and Huawei ones that you will not use since you are in the U.S. I saved a good chunk of change buying an international version and it worked flawlessly with T-Mobile. Now will the new Huawei 5G phones be compatible with the T-Mobile 5G network, that is another question we need to ask since Huawei will be using the Balong 5000 5G modem in their phones and at least now, it doesn't look like T-Mobile will be supporting the Balong 5000 modem within their 5G network.

• kanehi

I have the Huawei Mate 20X with the 7.2" screen and it's compatible with TMobile.  Love everything about it except for no wireless charging and isn't as waterproof as the Galaxy phones.  It does charge fast, the sound is awesome.  The small tear drop notch is really nice and unobtrusive.  The signal is actually better than Samsung's.  It uses a proprietary nano SD card.  Just a warning though there is two versions of Huawei phones.  One is for the Chinese market which doesn't have Google Play natively and has a lot of bloatware and an international version with Google Play included with no bloatware.  Battery wise it lasts longer than the Samsung.

• magenta8439679

Ok

• magenta2079469

I just bought a Huawei Enjoy 9s, Model POT-AL00a, it only has 2G in USA.

4G/LTE works fine when I roam to Canada with Bell

• syaoran

Huawei phones sold by Canadian carriers are the most compatible with T-Mobile's network and come SIM unlocked.   

• forest778899

how to verify Huawei enjay 9s Model POT-AL00a is compatible with T-mobile or not. I only got 2G in NYC. 

• drnewcomb2

GSMarena.com is usually a good source of information. However, in the case of the POT-AL00a they don't list LTE bands. Google took me to phonedb.net which says it has quad-band GSM, UMTS bands 1, 5, & 8 and LTE bands 1, 3, 5, 8, 38, 39, 40 & 41.Of the bands listed, T-Mobile uses GSM-1900 and LTE 5 (but only in Myrtle Beach, SC). It looks like this phone was intended for the Chinese market and is poorly suited for use with T-Mobile. Of the bands listed, only GSM 850 & 1900, UMTS band 5 and LTE bands 5 & 41 are even used in the US or Canada.