Burlington Mall MA store person is a liar!

magenta3254122

I am writing this because I am frustrated with the account activation, phone support and in store support. Specifically, T-Mo Burlington Mall, MA store manager is a liar. Here' why:

I ordered a sim for a single line with a temp number because I want to make sure I have the coverage before I transfer my 3 lines to TMo. After 7 days I called support to order additional lines and learnt that my SS number (last 4 digits) are incorrectly noted in the account. Not sure how the number was entered incorrectly because I went through the credit check for post-paid so obviously someone messed up during the activation.

The customer care asked me to go the store with an ID to fix the SS number. The Burlington Mall in Massachusetts store manager wanted me to activate additional line through the store which i refused and asked him to fix my account SS. The manager looked at my driver license and supposedly pretended to make notes in their system and told me that its all fixed now and you are all set.

After which I called the support again and they still had wrong SS number and asked me to go to the store again. I do not want to go to the store again and asked to cancel the line and for that customer care told me that I still have to go the store because they cannot access my account. I am fed up and want to stop the line and get my money back!!!

There are so many problems - first activation was done with incorrect SS number and even mis-spelled my first name. How can this happen when the credit check was done for the post-paid account. Second, the store manager of the Burlington Mall in MA is a liar because i went there with my family and he looked at my ID and told me he  fixed my account problem. However customer care cannot verify so obviously the store manager lied to me.

Please resolve this issue as I am going to put the account in dispute with my credit card company.

All replies

• nelfar212

Wow! that's crazy. It's been years since I set foot in a TMO store. Here's my suggestion, I don't work for T-Mobile just a customer of 10 yrs. I'd go back to the store and explain that you want this issue fixed or if your truly done with TMO then you want to cancel your account at the same time call customer care to verify either way prior to leaving the store.

I will tell you this, TMO leads the industry in customer care excellence, however there are over 50,000 employees some are bound to make errors. I implore you to not allow this one experience cause you to leave, this is certainly not how they want to start off with a new customer. give the an opportunity to fix this, and make this situation right by you.

• tmo_chris

I am truly sorry that you have had to put up with so much hassle for something that you should have never had to deal with in the first place! As nelfar212 mentioned, this is definitely not the typical experience you will get from us and I cannot apologize enough that this has left a bad taste in your mouth. We definitely want to make sure that your name and SS number are correct on your account so that you don't run into any issues in the future when trying to access your account.

• tmo_mike_c

I'm really this happened and I do hope this was taken care of for you. Please give us a reply back and let us know if this was resolved.