Pre-order package is lost

magenta3211522

Recently I order an iPhone X from T-mobile, and they charged and sent the phone out on Nov 7th with UPS. Unfortunately, the package is missing right now and UPS under a lost investigation case. The problem is I call T-moblie customer service or go to a store for help, they said this is not T-moblie's reponsibility, I need to contact UPS and deal with them. That's really ridiculous, we always shop online, if this situation happens all of sellers will ship replaced item or refund to buyers. It's my first time need to contact UPS to claim a lost package. Even though T-moblie is a such big company, their customer service is really horrible and make customers don't have any confident any more. After settling down this case, I will be considering to switch another carrier. T-moblie service is really bad

All replies

• snn555

Re: Pre-order package is lost

TMobile did not lose the package. I don't know that it's really fair for T-Mobile to refund you your money when they didn't lose the package or send you another thousand dollar phone when they did not lose the package. All in all it does amount to UPS's responsibility. It takes time for an investigation because the package May windup in limbo being passed back and forth between trucks or hubs but as soon as it is found it will get rerouted to the correct location for delivery.

• magenta3211522

Have you ever do online shopping? If you buy a stuff through their website and that package is missing, the first thing you must do is contact your buyer to get help. I always go shopping online, everytime this issue happens I contact seller's customer service at once, and they will re-ship my order or refund credit within a week. In my opinion, to file a claim from and deal with UPS is not customer's responsibility, it's T-moblie's.

• tidbits

magenta3211522 wrote:

Have you ever do online shopping? If you buy a stuff through their website and that package is missing, the first thing you must do is contact your buyer to get help. I always go shopping online, everytime this issue happens I contact seller's customer service at once, and they will re-ship my order or refund credit within a week. In my opinion, to file a claim from and deal with UPS is not customer's responsibility, it's T-moblie's.

I order a lot online, and I mean a lot.  Some companies will send stuff without the investigation because they are pennies to the dollars and not $1k+ merchandise.  If they were potentially to lose hundreds if not thousands of dollars they will always do the investigation before shipping a replacement.  Every company has that internal limit they will never tell you about.

• magenta3211522

I understand each company has their own policy, but I am angry because T-mobile customer service's attitude. They don't do any helpful things for customers, and just tell them deal with carrier by themselves. I also order a lot online, such as electronic, clothes, daily grocery, almost of everything I need. If package is lost, I call their customer service, even though they won't re-ship or refund immediately, they will help me to solve the issue with shipping carrier, not only tell me to deal with them by myself.

• tmo_amanda

Again, something doesn't sound right here, magenta3211522 . I recommend getting in touch with our T-Force team -- our social media care team that works via Facebook and Twitter. They'll be able to look into filing a handset research form for you and hopefully get this resolved ASAP. You can click the Twitter/Facebook icon in my signature or go here.

• tmo_amanda

Hi, magenta3211522!

It's a bummer that you're looking at going with a different carrier. What's the latest update on your iPhone X? Did UPS get to the bottom of things? Did you ever have a "handset research form" filed on your behalf? Something doesn't add up here because we wouldn't have left you, the customer, responsible for hunting down your phone from the information you've provided.

• magenta3211522

Neither t-mobile or ups has contact me since the case happened, I check ups tracking number everyday to see any new info update, but it doesn't. So I call my credit card company to summit a dispute the charge. The ridiculous thing is T-molibe begin to charge my EIP fee in new billing cycle, the problem is I get nothing and UPS haven't paid my claim yet.

• miket

I don't know if were TM or another carrier.

A resident in our 45 unit condo bldg. said that UPS "supposedly" left his $1K plus Apple phone on the same rack in the lobby where all the Amazon deliveries are left.  You would think a pkg that obviously has a $1K item inside would require a sig.   Anyway, UPS says it "was" delivered.  Haven't been back home in a couple weeks - so don't know if/how it was resolved.  His initial take was the UPS driver took it.

• magenta3430751

Hi,

I have the same case happened to me. I pre-ordered the iPhone X on Nov 14th, 2017 and was expecting to received the phone within a week to gift my wife for our anniversary.

On Nov 20th, we came home late around 11pm and saw only Macy package. (FYI, our single house is located in really safe neighborhood where we ordered online hundred times and never had any packages reported as lost in our delivery history). Then, I received the notifications from Tmobile email that claimed the package was delivered at Front Door same day at 7:19pm when none were at home.

Early morning on Monday,Nov 21st, I contacted Tmobile right away while I was working. I was first asked to reach out to UPS to locate the package. At first, I thought it was UPS's responsibility since they didn't require the signature for the package. Then, I surprisedly was told that it was Tmobile that didn't require customer's signature. I was asked to contact Tmobile again to initiate the Handset Research Form which we were able to fill out the form successfully on the same day. I was advised that the form should take 48-72 hours. Then I asked them to update me with any information since I thought they would send me the confirmation number via email for that Handset Research Form like the other big companies usually do for refund/investigation ticket but they didn't.

The next day, I contacted them again and asked for it. They said they would update me on that. Again, there was nothing sent to me. I felt a lil bit frustrated with no information on hands and none has contacted me until Saturday when I reached out to them again since it passed the time frame that they indicated. This time, after spending 2 hours of my only day-off to deal with the matter that I shouldn't have spent time on and I finally asked to talk to the supervisor. She apologized for the mess but still didn't clear my frustration. I asked for the deadline of the research since they failed on the time frame promise. They couldn't answer and kept saying that they will try to locate the phone ASAP. What did they mean by give me the time frame as ASAP? How soon is considered as ASAP? Is it few months later or a year? It's too general and not specific when we need them to narrow down the time frame. I set the deadline for them as I wanted to have the final answer by the end of next Monday, Nov 27th. They promised they would contact me but no one from their team did.

I contacted them the end of the next day again. They still gave me the vague answer that they didn't know when the form was finalized. I asked to talk to the manager. I expressed all of the anger/frustration regarding this matter. She was finally able to put on the refund request. I asked her to send me the confirmation number for the request via email. She said yes but again there was nothing sent to me.

Disappointment went further when we were contacted by the managers and were said that they escalated the issue by submitting another Handset Research Form. This was ridiculous. This didn't help to solve anything. We would like them to work on the refund and they gave us the answer on the completely opposite directions. The form now even took longer to 3-5 business days. We then asked for the due date for all of these thing to be solved and they couldn't gave us the proper answer. We expressed all the anger out of our time, excitement for the new phone as a gift, our money was hold off for nothing and all we got is offered $20 gift card and an apology and I don't even need that. We stated clearly that we have been loyal customers with Tmobile for a long time and never experienced with any horrible services like this. We chatted and called for more than 5-7 times and nothing was solved as we wished even though it was not our fault at all. Why wasn't it this easy like Apple always require customer's signature for the pre-order delivered package then nothing of this would happen?

We were finally advised to dispute a charge from our bank by our friends. Our bank updated us with the info that Tmobile will get back to them until 01/27/2018 that they just could give us the conditional credit which was temporary. It really annoyed me that they couldn't give me the due date for all of this thing but when contacted by my bank, they could give them the specific date. Is it weird?

I wouldn't spend too much time writing this long complaint after my long tired workday if I was properly contacted/advised/updated by your customer service on time. It didn't count that some of the agents even had the inappropriate attitude and mistrust words. We even asked them to contact my wife via emails and don't ever call us on weekends again until we get the final answer on this matter but nothing mentioned here was properly taken care as noted.

I'm not sure how can a big company like Tmobile located everywhere handle the case like this. If you don't require the signature, of course, someone would steal it or even the driver shipped to the wrong address (it actually happened once to us when ATT mistakenly delivered our phone to the next house). I used to be a big fan of Tmobile and never could express all of my disappointment/anger/frustration right now. We would definitely never recommend this service to anyone and even spread these bad words/story/our horrible experiences to the community. We are not joking about this. We would even consider other brands to switch our services. And if you don't take care of our problem well, we will sue the company for our lost. Don't ever shift your fault/ responsibilities to your customers! It is not acceptable to run the big company with the not well-trained customer service team and reckless procedure as well as the lack of product delivery risk assessment/resolution.

PS: You can refer to the picture below for details and our chat history/call monitoring for what I said here

Screen Shot 2017-12-04 at 10.01.28 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-12-04 at 10.57.33 PM.png

• nelfar212

Wow!!! what I don't understand, why carriers have gotten away from sending un-activated phones. I remember having to call and activate equipment by giving the IMEI or in the case of other carriers the ESN. what's the point of having these is their not used to the full potential. I always thought without sophisticated equipment, the purpose of IMEI's or ESN's was a security feature, which allowed carriers either to locate and/or disable phones which have be reported lost or stolen in order to prevent fraudulent use,  Also you would think if not already in place, carriers would have agreements that ESN's and IMEI's would be able to locked on any network in the case of unlocked devices.

Also in the case of people fraudulently claiming lost or stolen phones, if a replacement phone is issued and demined down the line it was fraudulent, then those customers should be banned, and prosecuted.  

• magenta3430751

Seriously, I have the same thought. I don't know whoever stole it and why but there's definitely a breach in their delivery procedure. Tmobile should think of a way to stop /prevent it at their ends instead of letting things happened and take months to solve it.

• magenta3519759

You are not the only one. My iphone x was shipped on Nov 28, 2017 and it was last scanned at Nov 30 for out for delivery then item was lost!

of course T mobile is doing nothing about it. They told me i have to wait which could take up to Two months. i already paid for my down payment and now they want me to pay another one until it gets resolves. Big company acting like local mom and pop shop. shame on you  T mobile.