changing from legacy pay-as-you-go to new 3$ a month plan

magenta3175359

One thing left out of the description of the new pay-as-you-go plan is what happens when you use up the 30min of calling/texting. With the legacy plan, I would call in or go online and make a new purchase when I ran out of minutes. What happens in the new plan? There is no description of what to do in the web documents and T-Mobile phone help didn't even understand the question.  I imagine one gives a credit card number for that, but it would be nice to know for sure before I leave the legacy plan, because I can't go back to the legacy.  thanks!

All replies

• dc5fan

I am on the $3 a month plan Pay As You Go. T-Mo charges 10 cents per minute, and 10 cents per text. It's free until you hit $3. After that you are charged for each minute of calls, and 10 cents for each text. I believe texts are charged for each one you receive, and each one you send. There might be someone that could explain this a little clearer. I had the texting part on my account shut off.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • magenta3175359

Thanks! And how is this charge made? Did you give them a card number, and they charge it every time you make a call over the limit?

• dc5fan

I was on the AT&T GoPhone when after doing research I liked the $3 a month Pay As You Go plan better. I went to a T-Mo store. I was able to unlock my S5. I paid $10 for a TM SIM card, and $20 for minutes. In your case since you are aT-Mo customer you could do the same, or you could call 611, Customer Care. I live in the broke state of Illinois, and had to pay $3.33 in state sales tax. On a page at the top left side type in CHANGE PLAN. Look for the $3 a month PAY AS YOU GO. To buy a card all the T-Mo stores sell PAY AS YOU GO as well as Walmart, and several others. I recommend 611 or a T-Mo store. Just don't let the balance go below $3.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • dc5fan

Marissa: I am unable to get into the Community. I can log into my T-Mo account, but whaun I try to log into th Community I am stopped. Is there a glitch this morning? I am getting some help from Troublshooting (via AVERY). I may have to wait for 24-48 hours. I was wondering if any others are having the same problem.This has never happened before. Thanks, Joe Mc