Security Flaw

barcodeable

I have inadvertently noticed a flaw in the T-Mobile Network. Does T-Mobile reward people for discovering such flaws and bringing it to their attention?

I first noticed this particular flaw several months ago and I assumed T-Mobile would realize it and patch it up. Nope, I just checked lastnight (flaw is still there). I also have a Sprint phone and now im curious. I will observe their network perhaps next week and see if they also have the same flaw in their Network.

All replies

• tmo_chris

Re: Security Flaw

Hey barcodeable,

I am not certain on if there is a "reward" but if you have anything to share, we would love to hear what you have found. Feel free to shoot me a private message so we can investigate.

• snn555

Care to mention what that flaw may be?

• barcodeable

There is a way to access the 4G Data on the T-Mobile Network without reducing your data allotment.

This brings a whole new meaning to binge-on .

I have been doing some research online and I believe (perhaps) the Apple ios mistakenly allows this to occur on their devices that are operating under the T-Mobile Network. I have also come to the conclusion that the current  APPLE ios update patched this backdoor. I tested my other apple devices and it was patched probably because these devices have already been updated.

I had uncovered something similar when I was about 12 years old regarding a backdoor to telephone conversations. The phone company didn't take me seriously Nobody believed me, and although I haven't had a landline in so many years... I'm sure that backdoor wasn't patched and probably still exists .

• tmo_chris

barcodeable,

That is a pretty serious one! Are you able to send me a private message with the details so we can look into this?

• barcodeable

I've been doing some more research... (please don't laugh) but I think i understand what was going on. When i was going here and going there my ipad was connecting automatically to wifi connections all over town...It was even connected to my neighbors open wifi without my knowledge. I have to make some adjustments to my settings now.

My iPad tricked me into believing I was getting Free T-Mobile 4G data but actually hooked me up with public wifi instead. Smart technology for you. I feel so stupid . I wouldn't even be mad if you deducted some of my points for being tricked by a machine.