T-Mobile ONE Prepaid Question

nicolaselhani

Hello,

I've been on the T-Mobile ONE Prepaid plan ($75) for over a year now.

I will be travelling abroad and only need one service: receiving text messages to this number. (I do not need to send text messages, I do not need data or voice).

I would like to know if I can receive text messages in Europe, Asia, etc...

Thanks,

Nick

All replies

• tmo_chris

Re: T-Mobile ONE Prepaid Question

Great question!

With your plan, as long as we have a roaming agreement with the carrier in the country you are visiting, you will be able to receive SMS messages at the rate of $0.10 per message so you will want to make sure you add some extra funds to your account before you leave so that those messages can be delivered. Check out the rates for any other services you might use while you are there on this page.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • nicolaselhani

thank you for your answer and the link to the rates for prepaid. I just have a question about the extra funds to the account you're talking about. I have Auto-Pay setup for the $75/month prepaid, before receiving any text messages, do I have to manually add funds (because it's considered outside the $75/month fee for prepaid) and once the funds are added then I will be able to receive text messages?

Thanks again,

Nick

• tmo_chris

Great question! Yes, you can dial *add on your phone to add these extra funds so that you can receive SMS while roaming. Just be aware that if you add these funds to your account and your next payment is coming due, the payment will only be for the amount that is needed to fulfill the total $75.

Example:

You add $10 to your account today and receive 20 text messages.

You will still have $8 on your account

Your next bill is charged and will only charge your payment method $67 instead of the normal $75 as you already have $8 on the account.

You will then have $0 extra funds on your account so SMS will no longer come in until you add additional funds.