Anyone use LTE Discovery or knows the app?

dc5fan

Last Friday I installed the app on my S5 (unlocked AT&T). Unable to find a manual for help. The site has been sent 4 emails for help, but so far no answer. For $1.99 I purchased some kind of Pro version. I will probably go to Google and ask for a refund. I am receiving an LTE signal. Sometimes I will get the Edge, but mostly the LTE. Just asking some ideas to learn a little more. It is an interesting app.

All replies

• drnewcomb2

Re: Anyone use LTE Discovery or knows the app?

LTE Discovery is an Android app that displays what's available via the API about the LTE signal. On some phones, like my Avant, that's not a lot. On my wife's Nexus 5X it shows quite a bit more information. It depends on things like which radio chip the phone has and what Andriod version is installed.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
          • dc5fan

drnewcomb2: The S5 has the 6.0.1 version.There's a mess of info that I am receiving. Did you purchase that Pro version? I know that I am receiving info from the tower that is 6 miles N of  me, but not from the tower S of me that is about 9 miles away.

• dragon1562

The app is typically used as a trouble shooting tool. It can also be used to see what kind of service is in your area. For example, what band your connecting to and the signal strength. You can even use it to try and pinpoint tower locations in your area although I find that to be a little bit less reliable. The pro version just gives you access to a few other abilities and info but its not a entertaining app per say.

Hopefully this helped you to understand its purpose. Its just reading you diagnostics from your phone in a easier way to see.

3 of 3 people found this helpful
                  • dc5fan

dragon1562: Thanks for more info. BTW, I already have something like this in my S5. In ABOUT DEVICE>STATUS>NETWORK- T-Mobile, SIGNAL STRENGTH- -113 dBm 28 asu MOBILE NETWORK TYPE- LTE (sometimes EDGE). I only have 2 towers in my area. Evidently I did receive the Pro version. I haven't had any dropped calls (so far).

• dragon1562

The app itself is not doing anything to change signal quality for your device. Also yes your device does display some of this info in the settings however their is a service mode that provides even more which is basically what this app does.

• dc5fan

I knew that. It was just kind of nice to see what band I was on. What is in my phone, and the app have almost spot on readings. The app gives a lot more info. My only complaint is Simply Advanced is ignoring emails, and remarks that are on the app in Google said the same. I plan on stopping by the tower 6 miles N of me to get a reading.