What is new update?

rbryinc

I just loaded update

Android 7.0

Baseband version: G955USQU1AQJ8

Can not find any information at all for it.  TMobile does not even list it as most current update.  Any info?

All replies

• snn555

Re: What is new update?

There are a lot of security patches coming down for LG Samsung in a few other Android makers.  T-Mobile support Pages for software updates are generally way behind case in point my phone just updated and it is two versions ahead of what is on T-Mobile's page. You may try to Google that build number to find out what other bugs and fixes for part of the update. But fairly well safe to say that security patches normally come down every 2 to 3 months.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
        • tmo_marissa

Hey there, rbryinc! Thanks for catching this gap in our content. Doing a little digging online, it looks like this is the latest update to the S8+, but we're a bit behind getting it listed, I'm sorry for the confusion that caused! If you don't mind confirming that's the Galaxy you're using, then I'd be happy to reach out and make sure we can get this listed. Thank you!

• rbryinc

S8+

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • rbryinc

what is this update for

• tmo_marissa

I've asked for input on that from the same contact who will be updating the documents with the SW version, so I'll let you know what I hear back! I think snn555's hunch that it's a security patch is probably correct; but I'll reply back with what I hear ASAP!

• tmo_marissa

Hey, rbryinc! Just wanted to drop back by and confirm that this is indeed the October security patch released by Samsung. There's not a ton of detail, but the info from Samsung is here: Samsung Notify Update. Thanks again for letting us know, we've got our eternal and internal content updated now!

1 of 1 people found this helpful