S7 Edge Software Update

debjitjdv

Hi tmo_evan

This is not related to DIGITS. I was wondering when S7 Edge will get Security Patch update as I believe S7 Edge is still vulnerable to CRACK and BLUEBORNE. It is just a year old device and already the software update is lagging. It is still in August 2017 security patch.

All replies

• tmo_chris

Re: S7 Edge Software Update

Hey debjitjdv,

We are working with the device OEMs to roll out updates to address these security issues. You can follow the S7 Edge update page to get a notification as soon as the update is available.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • breichjr

Re: S7 Edge Software Update

Today I received a new (used) Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge phone. The transition from the S6 to the S7 was painless EXCEPT for the fact that I keep getting the "T-Mobile Update Service" notification telling me that it was take 10 minutes to install the new software. I've done this THREE TIMES NOW and it keeps coming back even after saying that the install was successful. Needless to say, it's frustrating. I called T-Mobile and they said the push was coming from Samsung and I needed to go to Best Buy to get it fixed. What kind of BS is that? Thanks in advance for any advice.