DTMF not passing

blakepriddy

When calling a verizon number that is forwarded to another number T-Mobile does not pass DTMF tones. If you call this forwarded number from any other carrier it works just fine. I don't know where to bring this up at. I have called support and nothing.. This is a carrier issue. I called this number from every phone in the tmobile store.

All replies

• tmo_chris

Re: DTMF not passing

Definitely a carrier issue. I know that we have an issue ongoing right now where some calls to 1-800 numbers has DTMF failures but calling a VZW line is not part of that. What number is the VZW line forwarding to?

• blakepriddy

So I ported the schools number to a VZW number which is call forwarded to a SIP number (VoIP) and DTMF does not pass. The number is being forwarded to a Flowroute number which is a SIP trunk provider. I got an email from the administration today that says " It's not just TMobile. We have one of our teachers using a 3rd party called MintSim and it's not working either" I wonder if "mintSim" is using T-Mobiles network as its backbone.

• tmo_chris

Thanks for the additional information! I know for a fact that we will need to get a service ticket opened up with our engineering teams for this specific issue. I know you have called our care teams a few times already but if you could call us again and ask to speak with technical support if the automated system does not automatically route you there, they will definitely be able to get the ball rolling on this ticket for you.

• blakepriddy

Well you saying you see I have called in a few times before. What is being done about the tickets I placed when I called in previously. They all have to do with this issue. They told me someone would reach out to me in 72 hours and no one has called. I would hate to call in again, spend all that time on the phone, and it just be another open ticket that sits there. Please escalate one of my existing tickets especially the one where I was told someone would call me.

• tmo_chris

Oh man! I am sorry about that! Do you happen to have any of these ticket numbers handy?

• blakepriddy

Not at all. I was just told someone would call me at the number I gave them within 72 hours. This was Saturday

• tmo_chris

Oh okay. We do not have access to users accounts here on a community forum so I wouldn't be able to pull up your account to see your ticket history. Typically when a service ticket is filed for your line, you will receive a text message with the ticket number? Have you received any text messages from us with a ticket number? If not, I would recommend that you contact us again so that we can escalate the ticket that you had filed for your issue already.

• tmo_amanda

blakepriddy, I hope you're enjoying your Saturday. As Chris mentioned, we cannot access your T-Mobile account, however, we have access to view the service requests tickets that have already been filed. That's why we've asked for the ticket numbers a few times. Have you had the opportunity to speak with Tech Support to get your ticket number and/or escalate the ticket?

• blakepriddy

Ticket number 25391163

Placed Wednesday

• blakepriddy

Hey Amanda I have called support and gave them CDRs for the issue that is happening. Please let me know if they make any progress. No one has called me. I have had to be the one to reach out to support. Even when I was told someone would call me. Please please please make sure this ticket doesn't just collect dust. I have a lot of users that are unable to call the school and be routed due to this issue. Thanks so much! Yall are the ones that have been so persistent on making sure I am getting taken care of, and I thank you for that.