JOD Issues When Returning Phone

evrosado1

So today I went into one of the local TMO stores to return my leased Apple IPhone 7 Plus. I was told that my order was placed incorrectly and I need to contact customer care to get a label to ship it back.  I nicely asked the person in the store “since when do leased phones have to be shipped back. This is JOD not Jump!”

I was then asked “how did you place the order?“ I said on the phone. It was then that they told me I had to return the iPhone X and do the order all over again, because it was placed incorrectly.  I gave him the are you freakin kidding me look.  He posted a memo to my account that he said explained everything to customer care. Then they told me to come back to the store with the lease for my iPhone 7 Plus that I was returning. They said the way the order was placed I have two leases.  I did look at him again like he was crazy and said, yes I do have two leases until you enter the information that I’m returning the 7 Plus and it is in excellent condition.  I told him that he has to close out the lease. I know he was getting annoyed that I was telling him what to do, but that’s how it’s done. I don’t mail it anywhere.

So I got in my car and called customer care (611). Spoke to great rep that said they messed up.  She said I was doing the right thing returning the phone to the store.  I also told her that they said I need to bring back the lease for the phone I’m returning cause the system is asking for a receipt number and they need to do a return on my new phone. I can’t get back to the store until Saturday and at that time the rep said she would call me while I’m in the store so we can get the phone returned.  I knew the ordering process went too smoothly! I kept waited for the other shoe to drop and it did today. 

I just want want to return the iPhone 7 Plus. I think I may have to email corporate and have them sort this out.

Evelyn

All replies

• tmo_chris

Re: JOD Issues When Returning Phone

Oh my! I am so sorry for the trouble you have had to go through in all of this. You are doing everything you need to do correctly and this is our fault. Since this issue has to do with your initial order and your account, we are going to need to take a closer look at what happened and pull up your account. If you have a Facebook or Twitter account you can use the links in my signature to reach out to our T-Force team. They will be able to pull up and verify your account and go over the issue to find the best resolution for you. 

• tmo_marissa

Ouch, @evelyn_rosado, after all the care you took walking through every step of the order process on the pre-order thread, I am super bummed to read that your return didn't go smoothly.
          You definitely did everything correctly. With JOD, your original leased device needs to be returned to the store so it can be inspected (I know you mentioned you took great care of it!). I'm so glad that one of our representatives was able to confirm that the order was placed as JOD to JOD correctly, *and* is going to give you a call and help get this sorted out when you return to the store. I'm sorry you hit a snag! I know it's going to be almost a week before you're able to get back there, so we're going to mark this thread as answered, at least temporarily, so we can avoid spamming you with multiple check-ins. That said, come Saturday, please come back and let us know how it goes!

• evrosado1

Just a quick update. Apparently, for whatever reason, the store is unable too process the JOD return of my phone.  So, I have been provided with a shipping label to ship the phone back via UPS.  Something happened when the order was placed.  Although all my paperwork says JOD and lease, the system is seeing my phone almost as a trade in, which it isn't.  Who knows, all I know is that everyone has been great in clearing this mess up.

• tmo_marissa

That's so crazy! I'm honestly super confused about how this is possible, since you should only be able to have one JOD per line, the system should prevent a second JOD lease from being created on a line with an existing lease which creates a default JOD to JOD upgrade any time you'd go to place an order. I'm sorry you've gone through so much bonkers activity, but I'm glad that folks are on top of getting it fixed. Are we going to be following up with you post-return to make sure that the original lease is closed out since we're using a workaround?