Pixel 2 Rebate Expired -- and it was a bit of a sham...

magenta2397471

Pixel 2 rebate is over -- that's the rebate where you get 50% of the cost of a Pixel 2 via rebate when you add a line of service is over.  My phone arrives this coming Monday and I've been working for a week, via phone, and chat, to make sure I was all lined up to get the rebate.  This morning I was told the offer has expired, and I missed a key part of the offer.  No rebate for me.  Google Fi here I come.

What I missed:  The documentation on the expired offer clearly says, available here (Recently expired rebates ), that you had to add or activate new lines of service by November 2.  That was not in the original documentation -- matter of fact, the original documentation said you had to get your phone then add the line of service.  Here's the new documentation:

• Promotional Window: October 17, 2017 - November 2, 2017 (devices pre-ordered starting October 4 are eligible for this offer)
    • You must meet all of these requirements during the promotional window:
      • Purchase a new Google Pixel 2 or Pixel 2 XL from Best Buy, Google, or Verizon.
      • Activate or add on at least one new voice line per device purchase on a qualified plan.
      • Submit a request on the T-Mobile Rebates page using promo code 17PIXEL2HALF within 30 days of receiving your device. You will need to upload a copy of your receipt and have your device in hand to complete the submission.

What the original offer website said  was: 

• Once you receive your Pixel 2 or Pixel 2 XL device from Google, Verizon or Best Buy, add a line of service at a T-Mobile retail store, authorized postpaid dealer, Customer Care, T-Mobile.com, or by calling 1-800-T-Mobile.

You'll find the original website here; it's a cached version, as Tmobile has taken the page down.  Thanks Google for the cached version.  You'll find the above text under "How do I redeem my rebate....".  (https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:KP8mgURakw0J:https:%2F%2Fwww.t-mobile.com%2Foffers%2Fgoogle-pixel-…

I called T-mobile and I chatted with them far ahead of the November 2 date.  I was told just what was on the original offer page --  get your phone then add you line of service.  Now that the promo is over, the terms are clear that the lines had to be added before 2 November.  Oh, this makes me so angry! 

All replies