Help with carrier freedom

sjtown

So, recently switched to tmo. Good service Freindly people. Did the switch to T-Mobile. Com thing day I started service because I owe sprint quite a lot for 5 phones. Friday I got approved for all but one phone. Yey and not yey. Call tmo, figure out that one of the lines from sprint had two device plans on it. O no's...

Tmo say call Sprint get them to transfer the plan for device to the line is missing. So call Sprint, they can't transfer device plan to any called account due to me porting out. Three full days of chat and calls and going on person to Sprint stores. Nice but firm, please help just need some proof. Nobody helps, no one can do anything. Defeat.

Call tmo, chat, Facebook. Explain my plight. All the reps say the same, need proof.

Plead and ask.

Then idea.Why did tmo pay out the cheaper of the two plans on that line? Difference is $300+ dollars. I can afford (not really, but work with me here) to pay the $100 device since nothing can be done by Sprint, why won't you pay off the more expensive device? No answers. Searching everything for the terms and conditions of what happens for two device balances on same line. No one can answer.

Short story, I want to see the terms and conditions of a situation where there are two device plans for carrier freedom.

All replies

• snn555

Re: Help with carrier freedom

Reading through those terms and conditions and requirements for Carrier freedom I see where every time that a device reimbursement is mentioned it is a maximum amount per line for device singular not plural. Also it may have depended on which device was active with Sprint at the time of porting.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • sjtown

I understand they would pay off only one phone. That's ok. And if it has to do with which phone was active at time of pouring then I should be good to go and just figuring out how to prove that the lg g5 was active(which it was) which still means they paid out the wrong device. But no one in any help channel had mentioned that because that would be pretty easy to prove I think. What I would like is to know if the terms actually say they only pay off the cheaper phone or not but nothing I'm searching is bringing up the full terms and conditions of carrier freedom. I even resubmitted just to see if they would pop up. No

I fear I'm just out of hope at this point because everyone at tmo is more concerned about the proof instead of an alternative answer.

• tmo_mike_c

Hey there and I'm sorry if we didn't make things a bit clearer. I see that snn555 brought up a really good point already and I'd just like to add that you should have been reimbursed at for the device that was active at the time. If the less expensive phone that appeared active, it would make sense for that phone to be reimbursed instead of the other. This might be a stretch, but does your bill show which device was active at that time? Forgive me if that's a silly question, but I'm trying to help out as best as I can. Thanks.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  • sjtown

My bill does not show which phone was active. If it did then the line in question would have never had anything to do with a j3. It's my husbands line and he's a geek. He prob would have'died' a tech death with that phone. My father in law used it on a completely different line.

But sorry, short answer is no bill doesn't show it. Otherwise off would have been wonderful...

• sjtown

I LOVE TMobile! I had given up Monday, and had stopped talking to support and just done. Got a call first thing on this beautiful TMobile Tuesday(getting my little freebies) when who decided to call? Why TMobile rebate care. We have a solution that while no perfect is them working with me and still finding a way to get me taken care of! They offered the difference of the lg has a bill credit since they already paid out the line. This will give me the chance to pay Sprint the difference for the phone.

Thank so much! I honestly was so worried, I feel like a weight has been lifted today    

• nelfar212

What you experienced the TMO folks doing what the do best by us. Little known fact about Sprint their call centers are contracted out which explained he poor customer service I received my last endeavor with sprint, and will never get another dime from me. I say the only other phone co that rivaled TMO was Cingular prior to being acquired by AT&T.