Branched from an earlier discussion.

Apple iPhone X received defective.

ckl

my phone that came is defective And the rep said only option is to return it and order it again. is there anyway around that?

All replies

• tmo_chris

Re: Apple iPhone X received defective.

Oh no! I am so sorry about that ckl! What specifically is wrong with your phone? Maybe there is something we can do to correct the issue so you don't need to send it back. If we can't fix it, the only option would be to send it back and have a new order placed.

• ckl

The screen is defective. It doesnt get brighter than 3/4 of the way. Went to apple store and they said they can send it out to repair it but since i got it through you guys , they suggest to reach out to you guys and see what options do i have.

• tmo_chris

Well that is a bummer! Is the little brightness slidey thing in the control center not going up all the way? Did the Apple folks have you do a reset on your phone?

• ckl

It goes up all the way to the top but after 3/4 of the way the brightness stop adjusting. We reset the device and it is still like that. Actually i didnt lnow the difference until i put together with my other iphonex. The other one can get brighter.

• tmo_marissa

Yuck, ckl, what a disappointment! I'm so sorry you received a defective device, I know how much you were looking forward to this phone -- I remember your username from our pre-order thread. Chris and the representative you spoke with are correct, AFAIK, a return and reorder is the best option here. Outside of the buyer's remorse period, you would be looking at a warranty exchange, but that's not advisable for two reasons -- one, the exchange stock for an iPhone X likely doesn't exist, because the phone is so new and backordered, and two, most of the time the replacement equipment is refurbished, so when a customer's just made such an investment for a brand new phone, we want you to have a brand new phone.
                        I'm sorry we don't have any better news or workarounds to share, this is a bummer lot to draw and it stinks that this happened! Did you ship the device back yet? How are things going for you?

• dragon1562

Call Apple and explain the situration. See if there is a store nearby and ask for a in store exchange since it is unacceptable that $1000+ phone be defective like this. If you are nice with the rep usually they are willing to help in my experience all though I personally loath dealing with Apple. I also know in the past there was a option to have them send you a phone and while you wait you use the defective one. Then when the replacement comes in you send the old one back.

The only reason I dislike that option is because you have to put a hold on your credit card which is very frustrating if you are someone like me with a pretty low limit.Hopefully this info helps. Let us know what you decide to do.

• tmo_marissa

Hey, ckl! Just wanted to check in with you and see how your return/reorder were progressing. Please let us know if you have any more questions that we can assist with! Thanks!

- Marissa