Branched from an earlier discussion.

Re: Still Apple Watch 3 Activation Issues

crisdavid

I am still unable to activate my Apple watch, spoke to tmobile twice with no resolution. I gets no sim card in settings, no ICCMD number, check all effected settings and troubleshooting, I am still unable to activate as it'll say "Unable to configure cellular plan". Anyone else have anything else that could work? Restoring watch didn't work, I had all the settings like LTE and Data enabled, and tried activating in the middle of no where/with wifi completely off.

All replies

• rashadbarganier

Hey Cris,

So I basically took my watch to the apple store. They tried to pair it and it didn’t work so they sent It in for repair.  Long story short they ended Up giving me a new watch and it works.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • clongaberger

That is the exact problem I am having with my series 3 42mm

• tmo_mike_c

Is there still any issue with activating the watch crisdavid? You said you spoke with us twice. What were you told after you called?

• crisdavid

Yes, I'm still having issues activating my watch. The first time I spoke to T-Mobile Support they tried a couple of things and advised me to await for an update with Apple that would resolve this issue. Which made a bit of sense because of the wifi issues and it was launch day. After the update was release and I installed it; I was still having issues so I called again. The guy I spoke with tried a couple more things, and asked around to his sup/collage. Finally he advised me to just try taking it to Apple to switch it as if I did it at a T-Mobile store "it would mess with their inventory", and it would be refurbished.

• tmo_lauren

Sounds like you may have wound up with a defective watch. Have you had a chance to take it back to Apple?

-Lauren

• tmo_chris

Hey crisdavid,

Did you ever get a chance to take the watch into Apple for a replacement?

• crisdavid

Hey,

I spoke to Apple who advised me that so far it appears my apple watch sim was functional and that they're may have been a communication issue with Apple and T-Mobile on how to set up as I should've been able to provide EID instead of the ICCID number for my watch. Since the sim card embbeded is electronic and won't show ICCID number till after setting up cellular this is the only way. I did call T-Mobile support again who tried a bunch of things since it appeared I wasn't set up correctly plan wise but still didn't have success pairing even after that. Waiting till Monday to find out what's going on as I didn't have time to finish troubleshooting everything with Apple. They did advise me that if everything was good they would explain to T-Mobile apple care to help set up my watch.

• tmo_marissa

Jeez louise, sorry this has been such a hassle! Please keep us posted on Monday.

• tmo_marissa

Hey there! I don't want to rush you or nag, so sorry if we're spamming you! I know you mentioned tackling this again yesterday, so I just wanted to see how things were going.

- Marissa

• crisdavid

It's completely fine I wouldn't any of that! Me and Aldo (from Apple) spoke with a rep name Pita who went through a couple things with us to check if we did during activation. She advised us that everything was good/set on my account. She would also submit a ticket for the engineers to research my issue and to allow 3-4 days to pass; then try activating the watch again. I asked if I'd get a call or a follow up once they resolved the issue but she said it should work after 4 days and if not I could call back but that she felt I wouldn't need to because it should work. Aldo said he'd follow up with me on Monday to check on the progress since we called T-Mobile support. I will try again over the weekend since it should be past four days then.

• tmo_lauren

Please keep is updated! Fingers crossed for the best and thank you so much for your patience.

-Lauren

• tmo_marissa

I know we're still not quite at four days, but I just wanted to keep the thread alive! Hoping things are on the right track!

• tmo_mike_c

Hey crisdavid !

I'm just checking to see if you've heard anything back about this. Please keep us updated and let us know. Thanks.

• crisdavid

Thanks for checking in. I've waited and called again today. Rep said no updates she found on the ticket and that I should get a notification later on about the ticket status. Apple rep still is checking in with me and we're both waiting on this ticket to be worked on. I wasn't given an extension time or a new time frame when I called today. Even after updating both my phone and watch to the new iOS and watchOS versions; I'm still running into the same issue I've been having (updated carrier settings for my watch as well). It's getting to a point where I'm not going to be able to get this resolved and I'll have to eat the extra $50 or so dollars I had to pay to get the Series 3 Apple watch with cellular + gps; when I could've went with just getting the non cellular version. Nonetheless I will continue to be patient and hopefully I can get this resolve while still getting the first 3 months free to have my watch with cellular functions.

• tmo_mike_c

I feel for you my friend and you've been super patient and this whole time. I know getting your money's worth is really important too so thanks for working with us this whole time. Please continue to let us know how things are going. We really wanna make sure this gets resolved for you friend.

• tmo_chris

Hey there! Any word on the ticket yet?