Gear s3 getting random voicemails???

vetteguy00

Since I bought my gear s3, i have been getting random voicemails.  I know it has its own phone number, and that's what is being called.  They are all telemarketers and leaving lengthy 4-7min voicemails.  I'm getting tired of this and want to stop it.  Is there anyway I can turn off the voicemail feature on the watch for that specific line?  I have never had a need for it and always have my phone.  I'm just tired of the random notifications that I have 7 new voicemails that are not from my main number. 

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Re: Gear s3 getting random voicemails???

Oh man, I know that's annoying. It happened to me when I originally got my number way back when. I don't see that there's a way to disable voicemail messages for a specific number. Are the messages coming from an automated system or a person? If it is a person, it could be that they'll just need to be updated that the number no longer belongs to that person.

• tmo_chris

Hey there! Just checking in to see how things are going. Were you able to identify these voicemails and ask them to stop? We may need to look into a mobile number change for you if you continue to receive these calls. There is usually a fee for a mobile number change but in this scenario, we would waive it.

• vetteguy00

Hey guys.  No they have not stopped at all, and actually I just got another one about a hour ago.  I'l have to look into changing the number.  I actually received a call on the watch itself over the weekend Saturday from a damn moving company and when I explained to the lady, who swore it was me, that she called my watch, and not my phone, she didn't seem to believe I wasn' the one calling.  I'l have to get to a store sometime in the near future and get this fixed.  I also have a couple more questions about the device and am not sure should I start a discussion for each or just ask them here?  Thanks again guys!!

• magenta3128589

It appears that this is the way the app was designed. What I could come up with is this.

Find the S Health icon in the app deck, and tap it. By scrolling the bezel or swiping the screen, go to the Settings card (all the way to the right) and tap on it. In the menu that appears, disable the nudges or notifications you don't want to see. Once you're done, hit the home button to return to your watch face.

It. Sounds like it turns back on and resets itself after a while. Meaning your only option is above.