Iphone unlock Device .......imposible with t- mobile

hlenin2005

Good morning I have paid off my IPhone 7 and I have put 2 Unlock requested ,....and what you you get ......always the same Costumer service ....

on my first attempt I get this :

On Oct 31,
    2017, at 10:52 AM, ARSystem Notify <donotreply@t-mobile.com>
    wrote:

T-Mobile
    Sim Unlock Request

Sim Unlock Reference:  xxxxxxxxxx

IMEI:  xxxxxxxxxxx

Thank
    you for taking the time to contact T-Mobile. We have received your SIM Unlock
    Request. Unfortunately, this subscriber is not eligible to receive the unlock
    code at this time. In order to be eligible, the IMEI must have usage by the
    mobile number requesting the unlock code and the account must have a minimum of
    two monthly service payments since first use of requested device.

Thank You,

Customer Service

T-Mobile USA, Inc.

PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE guys  I have been with this phone for one year and its is PAIDDDDDD OFFFFF

on my second attempt look what I got

Sent: Thursday, November 2, 2017 3:24 AM

To: xxxxxxxx

Subject: T-Mobile Sim Unlock Notification 5044912221

T-Mobile
    Sim Unlock Request

Sim Unlock Reference:  xxxxxxxxxxxx

IMEI:  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Unlock Code:  Non T-Mobile Device

Thank
    you for taking the time to contact T-Mobile. We have received your SIM Unlock
    Request. Unfortunately, we are unable to process your request at this time
    because we are only able to provide unlock codes for T-Mobile USA handsets.
    Please refer your unlock request for this equipment directly to the carrier
    that the handset was purchased from.

OMGGGGGGG are you guys serious .......this a T-Mobile phone , two different arguments ....this is the customer service we want...

I'm calling for the last try right now keep you posted

Edit: TMO_Chris -Removed personal info.

All replies

• drnewcomb2

Are you sure you got all 15 digits of the IMEI right? Did you buy the phone from T-Mobile?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • hlenin2005

yes ,  my original iPhone that T-Mobile gave me the purchase day was exchange a couple of weeks back by Apple because of a failure , so now they saying that its Apple have to unlock it , can u imagine that , I paid off my phone to T-Mobile not to apple they should be the ones who has work this thing out .

• gramps28

Unfortunately Apple controls all aspects of unlocking their phones.

Did you do the exchange through Tmobile or Apple?

If you did it through Apple the imei# is not in T-Mobile's data base to request the code

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                • tmo_marissa

Hey, hlenin2005! I'm sorry this unlock process has had so many hiccups. gramps28 is correct, when equipment is exchanged through Apple directly, the replacement device (or even sometimes replacement motherboard if they do a repair) doesn't have the same IMEI as the original (so it may not show enough usage on the network to satisfy the requirement depending on when the exchange is completed), and it doesn't usually carry an IMEI that's in our internal database. As you've unfortunately found out, it can get a little complicated.

That said, there is an offline team that Care or T-Force can forward the request to as an unlock escalation. You may need to provide documentation of the exchange, but that's not always an issue. This offline team can work with Apple on your behalf, although I do want to be up front that this process can take up to 14 business days, rather than the standard 48 hours. If this hasn't already been escalated, please reach out when you have a moment and give us the chance to pass this up to our SIM Unlock escalation team!

- Marissa

• tmo_chris

Hey there! Just checking in to see how things are going. Were you able to speak with our T-Force team yet?