iPhone X Pre Order Issue...Did anyone else have this problem?

magenta3062569

I preordered the Space Gray 256gb iPhone X right around when the preorders went live. I was able to order one with a Nov. 2-3 shipping date. I signed my eip, and it's listed in my account history. The problem is that the order has never showed up in order status. Two different reps told me the order didn't go through, and I would have to reorder. I decided to call and find out what the problem was. They found the order in documents recovery. I have been assured that my order exists and will ship as planned, but I still don't have a tracking number. They said it is a known issue in their system, and they plan on calling me today to give me a tracking number. I'm just wondering if this is a common issue. Did anyone else experience this? I'm trying to stay confident my order will arrive as planned, but it concerns me that if reps can't find my order how will it get placed and shipped?

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Hiya, magenta3062569! I'm sorry to read about this mix-up with your order! I'd like to take a look and see what I can find out about this system issue -- did you order online, on the app, or over the phone? The recent representatives who were able to locate the order -- did they provide you with an order number that subsequent representatives were able to see as well?

- Marissa

• magenta3062569

I ordered it online. The reps couldn’t find an order number, but my eip has a plan ID that doesn’t bring up any orders. They called me back today to once again assure me that order should ship answer arrive on Friday but they have no way of giving me a tracking number. There is a computer issue where billing is not talking with ordering. That is keeping them from providing a way to track the order. I just have to hope they’re right, because I had a Nov 3 delivery date, and if my order was cancelled I’ll have to place a new one. Now the earliest shipping dates have gone way back, which wouldn’t be very fair to me.

• tmo_marissa

Yikes, magenta3062569, I definitely agree that needing to replace an order at this point would be a huge inconvenience, I'm so sorry!

I did some digging on our side and do see a known issue during the preorder where a handful of digital orders appeared successful but failed on the back end. If this is the known issue that we're advising impacted your order, then it looks like as long as there are two types of order numbers tied to the order -- both the one that would be provided to the customer and the one that we'd use to track the matter internally -- you should be good to go. If not, then we may need to replace the order.

The known issue also says that impacted customers might receive a message with a special number to reach out to about their order -- did you get this type of message? Are you seeing the EIP Plan ID number from MyT-Mobile?

- Marissa

• magenta3062569

Thank you for replying. I have not received a message with a number to call about my order. I haven't really received anything, but when I have spoken with them people on the phone everyone has assured me the order will process as normal. I just think it should have shipped today, but I still don't have a tracking number. I do have a PLAN ID on my EIP. Everyone has been very helpful in finding the order. So, I just have to hope it will arrive on Friday.

• tmo_marissa

I hope so, too. I am glad you've been reaching out for assistance and that you've had a good experience with that! I hope that the issue I'm looking into and the one we're ascribing to your order are different. Since our Community is a public user forum, we can't look into the matter closely from here. If you have the opportunity to check on it again, the issue I'm seeing that would suggest that the order might need to be replaced is outlined in an internal document with the DOC ID 437302. If our teams are looking into that and thinking that your order doesn't match up with that description, then that's awesome!

- Marissa

• magenta3088767

I’m having the same issue. I received email with signed eip and order number but order status is not showing. When I call I’m advised the order is canceled but accpunt is not showing a canceled order and no order was ever placed.

• magenta3062569

I finally have some answers. So, after never receiving a tracking number I called back yesterday. After all the assurances that my order was fine, it turned out it wasn't. It was never sent to fulfillment to be shipped. They are in the process of trying to fix my problem since the shipping date for orders now is about 6 weeks out. I am disappointed with how this situation has turned out, but I can say that the customer service has been excellent. Everyone has tried to help me as much as they can. It appears this was a problem beyond them. I wonder how many customers this issue affected.

• magenta3088767

That’s exactly what they told me last night. There was a  glitch ordering through mytmobile that it would create the orders but failed fulfillment. There are going to be a lot of angry customers not getting the phone for this reason.

• xman75

i have the same problem and they keep giving me different answers the last person i spoke to gave me a fake tracking number and promised to send me a email in writing stating my order was going in and with an eta and nothing

• tmo_marissa

Hey, magenta3062569, magenta3088767, and xman75.
                          First, I'm so sorry that your orders were impacted by this system issue. It's even more disappointing to hear all of the mixed messages you've received -- I know that doesn't make this situation any easier to deal with; and we'll definitely forward that feedback to our internal team who worked on the Apple launch for this device.
                          I know I mentioned this to you originally, magenta3062569, but from everything I was able to dig up about this known issue; the information that magenta3088767 received is correct -- if the order doesn't have two order numbers (internal and external) assigned to it, then the order will need to be replaced. If our internal teams have an alternate resolution process, I wasn't able to locate one when searching. I know this is a huge bummer and inconvenience, especially given the backorder of these devices, and please know that we'll pass on the experience that you've shared here -- it's totally reasonable to ask that in the off chance that systems do fail, we have a unified communication to our customers and are prepared to handle the situation. In the meantime, to check that things are on track, we want to make sure you're all working with teams with account access who can do whatever's necessary to make this right.

Thanks again to all of you for taking the time to post in our Community.

- Marissa