Rebate Program Is A Scam

roberteb2

Referred three people.  Two were in the store with me and the sale person typed the info right into the computer.  2 months later called 611 to check on my rebate(s).  Representative said I had two referrals and I need to go into the store to claim the $100 ($50 each) and apply to my bill.  Went into store and they said I did not have any credits and that even if I did, I would be getting a $50 reward on a mastercard.  What's going on here??? So I called T Mobile. I told the representative that they made notes from my last call and he should look at those.  He said he was the wrong department and he passed the buck and transferred me.  Now I get a recorded menu that I cannot get out of.... it just loops back to the main menu no matter what you press.  Bottom line, I made three inquiries about some referrals I made under their $50 rebate program for referring a friend and when I checked on it, I got three different answers.  TIP, when calling T Mobile, be sure to record your call.  And if you have to do this it usually means it's a scam.... in-other-words, they will run you around until you just give up.  Which I have.  SCAM!

All replies

• tmo_amanda

Re: Rebate Program Is A Scam

Hey, roberteb2!

Thank you for posting about your situation with the refer-a-friend offer. This isn't typical and I'm sorry you've been transferred back and forth not to mention making an extra trip to the store that wasn't needed. I want to help get to the bottom of this for you. Can you try following these steps and let me know if you see the referrals?

Check referral status

1. Go to referral.t-mobile.com and sign in with your T-Mobile ID.
        2. Click My Referrals.
        3. Review the status:
          • Awaiting response: Referral was sent and is awaiting a response from the referred friend or family.
          • Pending validation: Referred friend or family has signed up for eligible T-Mobile service, and the referral request is being validated.
          • Approved: Referred friend or family has been validated and approved.
          • Denied: Referred friend or family does not qualify for the referral program.
        • roberteb2

HI Amanda, thanks for the references but I am beyond tired of chasing this rainbow.  My goal here is to warn my fellow consumers so they don't waste a bunch of time like I did.  REMEMBER, record those phone calls with T Mobile...... wish I did.

• tmo_amanda

Darn! I'm sorry to hear that we're too late. We appreciate your advice to others, but we hope others don't have to go through what you did.

• bradley@bradleyhanson.com

Hello-

I'm writing here because I am not getting any help when I call. My wife and I both took advantage of the iPhone 7 $300 trade in program ( offer 2353 2017 Q3) and filled out our forms on the same day. I got a card for $209 and my wife didn't receive one. When I finally figured out how to check status on hers, it said it was denied on 10/11 because "the number had already been used for a rebate." She used her phone number, not mine (though we are on the same family plan), so i'm frustrated that this never arrived. Tracking ID Is CCQC-4689-6672

Can you help me figure out why this wasn't processed? I called and was given yet another number to call. I called the number I was given and it was clearly a Spanish only help number, so I got nowhere.

I'm really frustrated. I have 3 kids and it's nearly impossible for me to go back into the store for help.

Thanks,

Bradley

• bradley@bradleyhanson.com

Hello-

I'm writing here because I am not getting any help when I call. My wife and I both took advantage of the iPhone 7 $300 trade in program ( offer 2353 2017 Q3) and filled out our forms on the same day. I got a card for $209 and my wife didn't receive one. When I finally figured out how to check status on hers, it said it was denied on 10/11 because "the number had already been used for a rebate." She used her phone number, not mine (though we are on the same family plan), so i'm frustrated that this never arrived. Tracking ID Is CCQC-4689-6672

Can you help me figure out why this wasn't processed? I called and was given yet another number to call. I called the number I was given and it was clearly a Spanish only help number, so I got nowhere.

I'm really frustrated. I have 3 kids and it's nearly impossible for me to go back into the store for help.

Thanks,

Bradley

• tmo_amanda

Hey, Bradley!

I have two kids myself so I totally understand not wanting to make another trip to the store to get this squared away. It sounds like there was some confusion on the submissions between the two phone numbers. Did you try calling 1-877-311-8853 yet? You'll want to press 1 for English. They'll be able to provide more details on the rebate denial as well as they might be able to get it straightened out for you while on the line.

Can you give that a shot and let me know how it goes?