Binge ON Issue

magenta3075637

So I was watching NFL football game on Sling while at an youth football tournament. I about an hour in I get a push message that my  high speed data has all most be completely used. so its obviously being used even though it should be on the BInge On. I call T-mobile later and talk to rep and explain whats going. She looks into it and says my binge on is turned off. I tell her I'm logged in as I'm talking to her and it says it is turned. She say'd that doesn't matter and she will give me the text to send to turn it on. I said Ok but that not really solving the issue. I said if everything I can check says its on but you say it's off how do I know its on. She can't answer the question but says she understands what I'm saying. I tell her so next month it happens again and I call I can again be told it's off even though everything I can look at says its on. She agrees with and I say I just want a varify this doesn't happen again. She can't or won't answer the question. I told her i guess I need to speak with a supervisor as she can't resolve the issue agian everything I look at says it's on you say it's off. She says a supervisor will call me back. Never heard from them.

All replies

• tmo_amanda

Re: Binge ON Issue

Hi, magenta3075637!

I see you just joined our Support Community, welcome! I'm sorry we're not meeting on better terms. I haven't heard of there being such a discrepancy on Binge On being enabled/disabled to where it was different on both ends. By chance, did a supervisor get back in touch with you? I know it has been 2 days since you posted and didn't know if you had any updates to the situation.

• magenta3075637

No never heard from anyone

• tmo_amanda

Gosh, I'm so so sorry that no one ever got back to you. We clearly need to get this straightened out because I don't want to see this happen to you next month. I mean, who wants their football games interrupted with an annoying data warning? Not me! In this case, I recommend reaching out to T-Force (our social media customer service team) as they have access to securely view your account to get the BingeOn discrepancy cleared up. You can reach them by selecting the Facebook or Twitter icon in my signature or by going here.

• nelfar212

@tmo_Amanda, I am having an issue that no one can seem to explain over at Tech support. So let me begin, people often misuse the term WIFI when talking about internet use. So my issue while using my "hotspot" to run Plex from my laptop to my Xbox one some how my data allotment is being used, an no one can explain why. So to understand my issue i'll break it down, the hotspot preforms two functions, it acts as both "wireless local area network(WIFI/wlan)" and access point(internet gateway" so WLAN simply moves data much like inter-office mail, while the access point handles internet traffic like the U.S post office handles mail.

"Plex" only needs to access the Internet for establish my login credentials, and to download the metadata for my content. this information in relatively small in 2-3MB. the Wlan function handles streaming my content directly from my Laptop to my xbox at no point is the data sent out out to the "World wide web" WWW then back down via the WWW to my xbox. So my question why is the data running through the WLAN being counted against my data allotment?    

• tidbits

Hotspot does not work the way you are expecting it to work  Hotspot on mobile phones were not designed to be adhocs.  all your traffic is being routed through T-Mobile servers than back to you.  If you want to run an adhoc network then you can set one up with an actual router even without a data connection   I also believe both devices should support WiFi Direct where you don't need the middle man, and you can probably find a write up on how to do it.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                          • nelfar212

Thanks, Now that I'm aware of that, I can implement a workaround, the Plex app on both side needs a connection to sign on, but not for the UPnP side of it. I couldn't find any information relative to the hotspot's technical data. I'm scratching my head though because it seems to be a waste to send data from device "A" to the phone(access point) routed out to TMO servers, then back down to the Phone(access point) then routed to device "B". that's  What's interesting, I have and app called Bubble UPnP it works exactly as a describe from Device "A" to the phone then the data is routed to Device "B". the only time I have this issue is with Plex and specifically on my Xbox one.