HELP

magenta3063049

I HAD LOST MY SAMSUNG GALAXY S 8 ON 10/18/2017 ON MY B DAY MIND YOU. I WAS WANTING TO KNOW HOW DO I GO ABOUT FINDING IT? HERE'S THE KICKER I KNOW MY BATTERY IS DEAD. CAN I STILL FIND IT SOME HOW

All replies

• snn555

Re: HELP

You could use Android device manager and perhaps Samsung has a find my phone feature as well but it should tell you the last known location when the phone was still on and the battery was not dead. Outside of that you can send a signal to the phone from Android device manager so that if the phone is found and turned back on it will then receive the lock or siren and will also show back up on GPS.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • magenta3063049

THANK YOU SO MUCH. I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING YOU SAID.. I JUST DIDN'T KNOW IF THERE WAS A WAY TO FIND IT STILL WITH THE BATTERY DEAD? FOR SOME REASON WHEN I DID CHECK FOR LOC IT DID'T GIVE ME ONE.

• snn555

Unless you have a reasonably good idea where it is or who has it you may need to report it lost. If someone found it they should have called a contact in the phone by now or a lock screen number. Do you have insurance?

• tmo_mike_c

Ouch! I really hope you the rest of your birthday went better. Did you already get a new phone? I'm also curious if you found the other the phone that went MIA.

• tmo_chris

Hey there! How are things going? Did you ever end up finding your phone or did you file an insurance claim?

• tmo_marissa

Hiya, magenta3063049. We just wanted to check in on you once more and see how things were going with your lost device. I did want to answer your original question -- with a dead battery, the phone can't be located by any system that requires the data enabled and/or location settings be turned on, because a device won't have those connections to the network or GPS satellites when it's off. I also wanted to just ask some clarification about how you went about getting a new device -- did you use insurance to file a claim, or did you have to start a second financing agreement for a new phone?  snn555 is correct in that you wouldn't be able to return the original outside of the buyer's remorse period, which is typically 14 days from the purchase date -- BUT if you started a second installment plan and found your S8 within two weeks from getting the new phone, you might be able to return the new device!

Were you ever able to track down the S8?

1 of 1 people found this helpful