One Plus Int'l tethering question

magenta2717812

Hello,

I'm trying to find the "fine print" on the One Plus International plan in order to determine if there is a tethering limit that kicks in and knocks the signal down from 4G LTE.

I see this:

With a T-Mobile One Plus plan, you’re entitled to free HD streaming. Follow these steps to get the T-Mobile One Plus promo and enable HD streaming.

So I have a few questions.

1. What does data at "up to 4G LTE speeds" mean? Is it 4G LTE up to a certain limit? Is there a tethering limit? If so, what is it?

2. Is it possible to tether HD video stream? If so, I'm assuming it counts against the 50GB limit.

TIA

All replies

• magenta2717812

Re: One Plus Int'l tethering question

Also, I now see this:

For an additional cost, you can add T‑Mobile ONE Plus and get unlimited high-speed 4G LTE mobile hotspot and more.

The ONE Plus International page says unlimited mobile hotspot up to 4g LTE speeds.

This is very confusing.

Does using a mobile hotspot imply tethering? Or it is somehow not tethering unless it's tethered to a computer?

• magenta2717812

I am so confused.

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-2384

For an additional cost, you can add T‑Mobile ONE Plus and get unlimited high-speed 4G LTE mobile hotspot and more.

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-31900#sixthheading

ONE Plus includes:

10 GB 4G LTE mobile hotspot/tethering; after 10 GB, tethering at max 3G speeds

Which is it? Those two documents contradict each other.

Or does it mean that if you have multiple lines on One, you can upgrade one of the lines to One Plus and that line will have unlimited hotspot at 4G LTE?

And does the One Plus International unlimited 4G LTE hotspot have a tethering limit?

I guess one thing I don't understand is this:

If a mobile hotspot is used to connect other cell phones, it's not tethering?

I do know that connecting to a laptop is tethering. So is there a tethering limit?

• tidbits

I think you are confusing yourself.  mobile hotspot is another name for tethering

One Plus = 10GB of tethering which is $10 per month

One Plus INTERNATIONAL = Unlimited up to 4GLTE tethering at $25 per month.  It says up to because speeds are out of their control when you get to your destination and also the location you are in.  If that partner country only has 2G there you will get 2G speeds. Everyone isn't immune to the 50GB prioritization. It's not exactly a throttle as you can still get normal speeds it all comes down to how congested that tower is which in essence going to happen anyway if they didn't, but they are just allowing people who use little to no data get their fair share and chance at data.

2 of 2 people found this helpful