dropped calles

abbashaya

more than 50% of the calles i recive the person calling me can not hear me so they hang up and i have to call them back, the same when i call tmobil at 611 i can not chose any options by voice as they dont hear me?

All replies

• abbashaya

Re: dropped calles

nothing but headaches since i switched from Verizon to tmobil.

• nelfar212

What device are you using? also what signal strength are you showing? you might want to try to have them re-provision your phone if that doesn't work they can do a warranty exchange. when you call customer care do so from a different phone so they can trouble shoot, if that's not possible take it to the store. I assure you TMO does indeed have the best customer service in the business, the only other company that might have been better was Cingular wireless. IMHO

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • mariemarc7

top the  crap "what device are you using"? I have changed phones 3 times till now same issue since June. The techs are full of games they never see anything and that is a lie. Once you give your number they put you on hold for 1hr or if call fail they don't call you back, for some reasons, they tell you they'll put a note and switch you over to the next rep. and the rep has no clue to what your saying. Stop lying to the customers I need my $40 refill back since 6 pm no one is able to help. can't get a supervisor when i ask for one they either put me on hold forever or call dropped

• snn555

Sounds as if you may have a hardware issue with the microphone on your current phone.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
              • tmo_marissa

Hey there! When you switch, we want your headaches to go away -- not appear!
                nelfar212 asked some good questions about your equipment and signal strength -- have you had a chance to Contact Us to see if there's an issue with the provisioning, or if there's something happening in your area? If you're still having trouble we'd love to know a little more about what's going on so we can try to help out!

- Marissa

• tmo_mike_c

Howdy abbashaya .

Did you still need some help? Please give us a reply back and keep us updated on this. Thanks!

• artdg@msn.com

More than 50% of the calls I receive, the person calling me can not hear me so they hang up and I have to call them back to get the conversation going and sometimes, they will answer but still will not hear me. We end up texting.

• vladlem

I'm on wall st. nyc.  For last 6 months my iphone5 over t-mobile get worse and worse at voice communication. Calls are not received. Connection is not stable. Only every other word is transmitted.. I have spent 2 months with t-mobile via messaging (I had a ticket 206.366.46, a day later they denounced this ticket). So should I switch to Verizon.

• magentatechie

Hello there, I'm terribly sorry to hear of your deteriorating service as of late.  You said you're using an iPhone 5, do you know the model number and is it a T-Mobile branded phone?

• vladlem

MD635LL/A, Most likely its T-Mobile

• magentatechie

From what I can see, the phone should be good to go.  You said your ticket was denounced?  I'm not sure what that means.  Did you get a notification that the ticket was resolved? 

When you were speaking to care, did they go through any troubleshooting with you?  Have you made sure your software is up to date?  Check through Settings>General>Software Update

Also be sure to check for carrier updates through Settings>General>About. If there is an update available, you will receive a popup here. 

Something else to try is to reset your network settings.  Setttings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings.  Keep in mind that this refreshes all network connections and any established WiFi or Bluetooth links will have to be restablished.  Finally, you may want to reach out to care for a network refresh at their level.  This is referred to as "cancelling the location".  You will need to reboot after this has been performed.

• vladlem

we (me and t-mobile rep at instant messaging) did all of that. there is

still outstanding ticket 20636646. this started gradually happening about 6

month ago. I'm just wondering if t-mobile technology (LTE, 3G, 4G) in my

area become incompatible with my iphone as it's old. ie the old technology

is phasing out, thus my phone cannot set good connection.

• magentatechie

There is always the possibility of that.  Did the rep check your IMEI to see if your device was affected by the U1900 refarm?  You may also want to check your SIM in a known working device.  If you don't have one available, you can go to a store and have them test it for you.  If the SIM works fine in a newer device, you'll know for sure that the phone is at fault.

• vladlem

not sure IMEI is 01 343100 3611402 3. can you please test. i'll use my old

iphone4 to test my sim card.

• magentatechie

Hmm.. that number does not appear to be working . Can you open your dialer, key in *#06# then call. The number should appear on your screen. 

Also, I'm not sure that trying out an older phone would be very effective.  Do you have a friend or family member with a newer T-Mobile phone?

• vladlem

sorry i mistyped the first the correct is:  xxxxxxxxxxxxx

• snn555

I would definitely discourage posting any phone identifying information which can be linked to identify you or make account changes by someone with untoward intentions.

• magentatechie

Of course, snn555  is absolutely correct. I apologize for not thinking about possible risks there.  Can you edit the post or flag it so that one of the mods can remove the number? 

• vladlem

No. There is no option to do so. I did asked t-mobile support. they are not

able to do this either.

• magentatechie

It's alright, I flagged the post and it should be taken care of soon.  Now, I don't have access to the IMEI search tool that would signify the phone as affected by the U1900 refarm, and all of my research points towards the phone being fine in NYC, but I know this hasn't been the case for you.  I still definitely recommend trying out the card in a newer phone, and the reps in the store will be able to help you with that.

• vladlem

few more things, i do not have data plan/connection. so my phone might

operate on old voice technology. if such technology is phasing out would

that be the reason for phone degradation?

• mariemarc7

From the apple store both the 6s and the 5 I cannot get in contact with

customer service on either phones calls either failed or dropped the

repair dept. never see the 'failed calls or dropped calls'. 3 days to find

out the problem, it is 3 days today no calls.

Marie B.Marc

• magentatechie

Hey there, let me see if I can break down your issue.  You have 2 devices which were purchased from an Apple store. You are not able to make calls from either device.  You contacted tech support, did they file a ticket?  I'm guessing this is where the 3 days comes from?  And they never contacted you about the results?

When you spoke to care, did they go over any troubleshooting with you?  For example, resetting your network settings or cancelling your location?  Are you currently travelling outside the US?